P3D 3.1 "Not Responding"

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Mike LM

Re: P3D 3.1 "Not Responding"

Post by Mike LM »

jfail wrote:This was with all of my scenery, addons etc. re-enabled.
Have you tried changing the airport to KIWA with no add-ons? What about other airports? Does the same thing happen when you switch aircraft?
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

No its just when changing scenery default and add on scenery . for example . you are at ebbr and you decide to change to ebci both airports are stock it take 2-3 min add on scenery like aerosoft or other scenery it take up to 10 min . never had this problem in 3.0 was very fast
jfail

Post by jfail »

Mike LM wrote:
jfail wrote:This was with all of my scenery, addons etc. re-enabled.
Have you tried changing the airport to KIWA with no add-ons? What about other airports? Does the same thing happen when you switch aircraft?
I deleted Prepar3D.cfg, disabled all addon scenery etc, deleted all saved flights, renamed dll.xml and exe.xml so they were not a factor.

Started P3D 3.1 and it came up normally with the F22 with all my addons disabled. I switched to a Mooney, loaded and displayed fine. Switched to KIWA, loaded KIWA fine and displayed normally. Resized display window to size with my monitor, set as favorite, default and saved Mooney at KIWA Runway 30R then exited P3D 3.1. Restarted P3D 3.1 and the default at with Mooney at KIWA came up no problem (all addons still disabled). Reenabled all addons using scenery library and returned to Mooney at KIWA (dll.xml and exe.xml still not in use). P3D V3.1 crashed. Used an external scenery library editor to disable all addons again. Worked ok. Re-enabled dll.xml and exe.xml, P3D V3.1 worked ok.

Started working on the scenery library entries.

Disabled all Orbx, enabled all others, P3D V3.1 still crashed.

Disabled Aerosoft Cities/Airports, fsaddon (Tongass Fjords) and Taburet night lights AZ, P3D V3.1 worked ok

Re-enabled Orbx. Aerosoft Cities/Airports, FSAddon (Tongass Fjords)/Taburet still off. P3D V3.1 worked ok

Re-enabled aerosoft/FSAddon (Tongass Fjords). P3D V3.1 Crashed

Turned off FS Addon (Tongass Fjords), Taburet night lights AZ , P3D V3.1 worked ok

Enabled Aerosoft. FSAddon (Tongass Fjords)/Taburet still off, P3D V3.1 worked ok.

I am slowly running the problem down. I am not under any circumstances pointing the finger at any one entry/vendor/manufacturer etc. in the scenery library however it does seem that is where the problem is originating (the scenery library/entries etc.).

I am continuing to work on this. At the moment P3D V3.1 is working fine and I will report as I progress with my findings.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Are you using Windows 7 or 10 ?
jfail

Post by jfail »

Win 10 Pro 64 bit.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Well now il formmated thé computer Again il Will try with Windows 7 . Maybe it can be à problème with 10 . I Will Give it à try. I Will get back to you
MikeB54

Post by MikeB54 »

Reformatting is kind of drastic, don't you think? You appear to have narrowed the problem down to one addon. Is that addon so important that it is worth all the work to reformat and reinstall everything with no guarantee of success?

I have been working in tech support in the computer industry for longer than I care to admit. I always cringe when I hear someone say they are going to reformat as a diagnostic tool.

Mike
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

After i spent 2 day installing everything yes snifff .

well now i am back on windows 7 .re installed p3d v3.1 with no add ons and now everything is back to normal for the moment . I will start the tests with global and vector
jfail

Post by jfail »

MikeB54 wrote:Reformatting is kind of drastic, don't you think? You appear to have narrowed the problem down to one addon. Is that addon so important that it is worth all the work to reformat and reinstall everything with no guarantee of success?

I have been working in tech support in the computer industry for longer than I care to admit. I always cringe when I hear someone say they are going to reformat as a diagnostic tool.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Not sure if you are addressing me about the reformatting. No, not a chance I would do that, that is going way too far. I have run it down to one or two entries in the scenery library. I am pretty sure I know exactly which one it is but I don't want to say who's scenery it is without being totally sure of myself.

I have 3.1 running quite well now and am certain the scenery library is where the problem originated. There is a slight chance that the Terrain.cfg library is involved in the problem but don't think so without more testing and detective work.
MikeB54

Post by MikeB54 »

My mistake. I wasn't paying attention to the authors of the posts. Sorry about that. :(

Mike
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

so back to windows 7 again :) to delete evey scenery i have over 80 scenerys ,and module effect et ect take more time deliting each scenery then formating and re installing and doing one at the time at leat i am shure the files are not spread around . but i hone one of us will find the problem . will be galad if my fellow pilots would find the problem its driving me crazy :)
jfail

Post by jfail »

MikeB54 wrote:My mistake. I wasn't paying attention to the authors of the posts. Sorry about that. :(

Mike
No problem.

Merry Chistmas to all.

John
jfail

Post by jfail »

ryanair007 wrote:so back to windows 7 again :) to delete evey scenery i have over 80 scenerys ,and module effect et ect take more time deliting each scenery then formating and re installing and doing one at the time at leat i am shure the files are not spread around . but i hone one of us will find the problem . will be galad if my fellow pilots would find the problem its driving me crazy :)
I hope you get it. It was painful and time consuming to run it down on my system. Just disable all entries in the scenery.cfg (except for the LM required ones of course) then run P3D and see if the problem goes away, it if does then just keep re-enabling sceneries one by one until you hit it. Don't delete them just disable them in the libarary. You might consider the free scenery editor that you can find by googling, it makes it a "little" easier.

I know it is slow going and a PITA but you will get it.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

yes that would be the right way to to it . I think its more a problem with a module effect or a scenery file in world scenery what do you think . Did you find somthing intresting ? Do you use migation tool for p3d ?
jfail

Post by jfail »

ryanair007 wrote:yes that would be the right way to to it . I think its more a problem with a module effect or a scenery file in world scenery what do you think . Did you find somthing intresting ? Do you use migation tool for p3d ?
I have the migration tool but I only used it for one addon (Aerosoft U.S. CitiesX) in 3.0/3.1. That entry was not responsible for the problem. I don't know if it would be in World scenery but it easily could be a child of a scenery library entry but disabling the scenery entry should eliminate that possibility.

I still hesitate to point out the entry that I suspect since I might be pointing a finger at someone who does not deserve it until I am sure just exactly that is the problem. The only thing I can say is it is a night lighting addon for specific states. But again, I am not absolutely positive about it.

Hang in there and have patience. One of the good things about running this stuff down is that a person learns a lot about addon etc. so it could be considered a learning experience.