Error, corrupt file unzipping P3D V5.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
tcoen

Error, corrupt file unzipping P3D V5.3

Post by tcoen »

I’ve tried to install it 3 times from Google chrome and Explorer, scene2 always seems to be corrupt or broken when unzipping (winrar and default windows unzipping tool), any help?
JorgenSA

Re: Error, corrupt file unzipping P3D V5.3

Post by JorgenSA »

It would seem that your downloaded file becomes corrupted somehow.

You should try re-downloading, and maybe use a download manager. For a suitable download manager, try searching the Web.

I use Google Chrome and Winrar myself, and they work fine for me. If you are going to try Chrome again, make sure it is fully updated first.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
tcoen

Post by tcoen »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:55 pm It would seem that your downloaded file becomes corrupted somehow.

You should try re-downloading, and maybe use a download manager. For a suitable download manager, try searching the Web.

I use Google Chrome and Winrar myself, and they work fine for me. If you are going to try Chrome again, make sure it is fully updated first.

Jorgen
Ok, Ill try that later today and Ill let you know if anything else happens.
tcoen

Post by tcoen »

Ok so, scene 2 was broken again, I skipped it and downloaded it separately, worked perfectly fine, I think scene 2 from the full download is broken.

Thx for the help