[RESOLVED] Re-installed P3Dv4, but all files in F:\P3D root folder are missing

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
gjereza

[RESOLVED] Re-installed P3Dv4, but all files in F:\P3D root folder are missing

Post by gjereza »

Hello,

I'm pretty sure I de-activated P3D v4.5 Academic when I uninstalled the program. When I tried to re-install, by individually launching the *.exe and the *.msi files; I received a message indicating that the Setup was successful. However, I could not locate the P3D icon on the desktop (Win 10 Pro, 64-bit with lots of space on all drives. I am logged in as an administrator.). Looking into the install folder I noticed that there were no files in the root folder (the total folder size including the subfolders is about 26+ GB).

Please advise. Thank you.

P.S. I did a google search on the web and the forums for missing files but could not locate any info about missing P3D files in the root before creating this post.
mpni

Re: Re-installed P3Dv4, but all files in F:\P3D root folder are missing

Post by mpni »

Hi gjereza
Have a look in the control Windows panel/Programs and functionalities.
Do you see
- Prepar3D v4 Academic (35.7 Mo)
- Prepar3D v4 Academic Client (559 Mo)
- Prepar3D v4 Content (10.7 Go)
- Prepar3D v4 Scenery (15.5 Go)

If yes, make a search with Prepar3D.exe on all your disks.
With a right click, you can put an icon on the desktop.
Regards
Michel
gjereza

Post by gjereza »

Please see below. I have the files installed but can't locate the executable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsfchhwkp35es ... M.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dknnmb3hjlvfv ... M.jpg?dl=0

mpni

Post by mpni »

Open your File explorer (not Internet explorer).
Choose the first hard drive.
In the search bar (right up corner) write Prepar3D.exe and validate for searching.
Do that for each drive.
You will find the location of your Prepar3D folder.

If, during the install process, you did not change the location, your Prepar3D folder is in C:\Programs\Lockheed Martin

Regards
Michel
gjereza

Post by gjereza »

Hi Michel,

I did as suggested. Using WIndows Explorer I searched my C: system drive and F: game drive but still could not locate Prepar3d.exe. I also could not find the Lockheed Martin folders in the ...\appdata\roaming and ...\local folders. My C: drive (an NVMe drive), like the F: drive (an SSD drive), has lots of free space.

Should I uninstall and install again? Does P3D create an install log? And if not, can you suggest a utility that monitors the installation of a program that records what and where files were placed and what entries were inserted into the registry?

Thank you,

George

P.S. My folder structure below. Steam is installed in the F: drive. And as noted, the P3D folder is also in the root of the F drive (F:\P3D). Fwiw, prior to uninstalling P3D it was running fine at the same location (as was Steam) with lots and lots of add-ons (mostly Orbx... about 100+ maybe?)

mpni

Post by mpni »

Perhaps your Explorer is not correctly setted.
In the top and right corner of your explorer you can see tree points.
Click on it and select Options.
Then open Display tab
Select or uncheck all desired items.
Regards
Michel
gjereza

Post by gjereza »

Hi, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'tree points'. Did you mean this?

P.S. I just had a reply from Lockheed Martin. The reply said they couldn't find licensing issues for me. So, I'm at a loss here on what to do next. Why are the install files incomplete when the installer has a message that the Setup Completed?

I don't have 3rd Party anti-virus installed, Windows Security is disabled, SFC checking passed with no problems noted, and my VPN is disconnected. I've uninstalled almost all the add-ons I had for P3D. All of Orbx is gone. The few that are left are there because I don't know if uninstalling them might affect my FSX-SE installation eg. all of RealityXPs products; and, Flysimware's Falcon 50 and Learjet 35A.

mpni

Post by mpni »

Have a look on these 3 posts. Perhaps they will help you.
Regards
Michel

Problems Installing Prepar3D
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126570

Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676
gjereza

<SOLVED> - Re: Re-installed P3Dv4, but all files in F:\P3D root folder are missing

Post by gjereza »

I finally got it to work by de-activating again; removing additional add-on remnants such as Flysimware's Falcon 50 and Learjet 35a, OpusFSI, GSX, Carenado and Milviz planes, etc. and activating again.

These add-ons individually probably didn't cause the issues I was experiencing, but the important thing is that I was able to finally complete installation without them as a group. I'm relieved that the installation completed without my having to uninstall RealityXP's avionics which is distributed by Flight1 (who I try to avoid at all costs because I think it has the most convoluted and difficult DRM procedures in the universe).

Thank you!

P.S. I can't find any button to thank you or mark the issue as solved in this page.
mpni

Post by mpni »

Well done gjereza
Are the links above helped you?
It seems to me that there is no possibility to edit the first post for indicate "Solved".
Regards
Michel