The problem with P3D using C drive on installation.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Julean

The problem with P3D using C drive on installation.

Post by Julean »

Der Lockheed Martin

I seek advice from how to install P3d V5.3 on harddrive which is not my SSD harddrive C.
When I was making the huge P3d V5.3 update it stall because of lack of drive space because p3dv5.3 uses the C drive ALSO.
The SSD C drive didn't have enough space to contain a temporary function. My other drives have.

I see a lot of confusion, and different methods of solving this... It seems to be a large problem.
I see a lot battling with the "package cache" on the C drive..
It seems to get rater computer technical and some warns against doing modifications.

I am not a professional computer programmer, but experienced simmer. In this way I think I am qualified for playing the game. Flightsim I have been doing for 21 years and trying to solve the huge flight simmer problems through the years. But this seems like a combination of deeper modification of Win 10 and P3D.

I could understand if Lockheed Martin gave me an option like many software programmer in Flightsim do, to use "a folder of choice" as Temp/package cache.

But I haven't found that facility...

How to solve this uncomplicated?

Thank you

Julean
Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen - Denmark
JorgenSA

Re: The problem with P3D using C drive on installation.

Post by JorgenSA »

Jens,

What you do is on the very first screen that comes up when you run the P3D installer is select "Options", then you can select where you want to install the sim.

There will be some files installed on the C: drive, but not too many.

Håber dette hjælper -

Jørgen/Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi LM
In this post:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676
we can read:
"VI) Installing Prepar3D
Note: You will need at least 30 gig of Hard Drive space with an additional 15 gig on your Operating System (C Drive) to Install Prepar3D
"
But this post seems to be for P3Dv4.
Could you confirm it is the same with P3Dv5?
Regards
Michel
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Michel,

Please refer to our system requirements here: https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/.
That post was written during version 4. It is still a great post to refer to but system requirements will change when new versions/updates are released.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
mpni

Post by mpni »

Thank you very much Rob
Sorry for this answer because I know this page (system requirements).
Regards
Michel
Julean

Post by Julean »

Gentlemen... Thank you for comments..

But I don't have 30 G on my C drive, but a lot of space on my other 2 drives.
My SSD is for Windows not for gaming and games.
Could Lockheed Martin make a solution to this which is custom wither other very huge programs, like ORBX?

Yours sincerely

Julean
Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen - Denmark