installation

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
britflight

installation

Post by britflight »

License 3142382
I installed P3D v4 on my F 1TB drive but my C 480GB SSD records that I have also installed the Academic, Content and Scenery totaling about 66GB on that drive. If I delete these files from the C SSD drive the P3D installation fails to load. How do I solve this problem and recover valuable space on my
SSD drive would be appreciated. P£D is installed on the F drive and works fine.
JorgenSA

Re: installation

Post by JorgenSA »

What you do when you install is that you right-click on the prepar3d installer .exe file and select Run as Administrator. At the first screen, go under Options and select where you want to install P3D.

Let it run through, it takes some time.

But do not - I repeat, DO NOT - also run the 3 .msi installers. They are there in case you want to only install part of P3D.

What I would urge you to do in this situatio90n in to search both your C: and your F: drive for this string:

prepar3d v4

and delete everything that is found on both drives. Then reboot and run the installer as I described above.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
britflight

Re: installation

Post by britflight »

Thanks. Jorgen, will do that and follow your advice.

Jim