Multichannel client "HANGS" on "Loading Multiplayer data... 77%"

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
cgktech

Postby cgktech » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Hello, Please help I am pulling my last few hair over the last two weeks.

<- so consistent that no change I have attempted makes it go pass this point.

New installation of P3D v5 Pro+Plus license on fresh Windows 10 Pro 64bit boxes. ( 1PC HOST + 3 x PCs VIS0.. VIS2)

The problem is when the HOST and CLIENTs are started in /multichannel mode the HOST loads and works normally I even see the messages "VISn.. Client Joined session" then VISn Client attached" but the CLIENT like a Swiss clock halts, gets stuck, hangs does not load past 77% at a point of "Loading Multiplayer data..."

- reinstalled a redownloaded P3D on HOST and CLIENT no change
- completely disabled Windows build in Firewall and Antivirus ( for some time to troubleshoot several reloads in this conf ) no luck
- tried every possible thing that comes to mind with network settings, all pings good, and folder sharing is all accessible... no luck
- With Pro+Plus Developer I have two licenses. Activated second (wasted it ) on VIS0 client just to confirm and got the multiplayer working could see the other airplane etc. I am very confident that the networking is working properly.
- checked and rechecked the /multichannel HostMC.cfg and ClientMC.cfg files. All good because I can see the HOST establishing connections with clients but the clients hang up at 77% on loading multiplayer data.

My Default Network setup:
Each PC with two NICs, sharing and all those goodies enabled and verified
- Two 1Gb Switches
Sw1: VISNET HOST=192.168.2.6 VIS0=192.168.2.10 to VIS2=192.168.2.12
mask 255.255.255.0 no gateway nor DNSes
Sw2: INTERNET HOST=192.168.7.120 VIS0=192.168.7.121 to VIS2=192.168.7.123
mask 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.7.254 DNS: by IPS
Sw1 by itself not connected to anything else,
Sw2 has all 4 PCs connected to it and the Sw2 is linked to router for Internet

Please help to get the clients to complete loading and find a reason why it hangs up on loading the MP data at 77% ?

At this point I have no requirement for multiplayer and I am not trying to included anything to do with MP during the Multichannel startup.

P.S. Is there more in depth information on how to bind network communication to specific NICs (IPs or MACs)?

Thank you, Chris
Engineering Simtech, legendary CAE S/N:007 B737-200 through RX7000 plus some miss fits like Redifon, TTS, Links, Qsim, NATCO build 747, Atlantis FTDs down to MSFS3.1 the DOS one :)

cgktech

Re: Multichannel client "HANGS" on "Loading Multiplayer data... 77%"

Postby cgktech » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:49 am

I can confirm there is a major BUG with P3D v5 released on October 28, 2020 in /MULTICHANNEL mode on clients.

Loading STOPS at 77 percent with message `Loading Multiplayer data..`

Resetting session on the HOST causes the same HALT during loading just like on a client.

I have confirmed `normal` functionality in stand alone mode on host and client, when I configure MP manually that works too and during multichannel I see that the client and the host establish proper connection `jointed and attached ` are displayed and other ques that the communication is working but all stops at 77 percent on `Loading Multiplayer data..`.

P3D engineering team please fix that bug ASAP.
Engineering Simtech, legendary CAE S/N:007 B737-200 through RX7000 plus some miss fits like Redifon, TTS, Links, Qsim, NATCO build 747, Atlantis FTDs down to MSFS3.1 the DOS one :)

cgktech

Re: Multichannel client "HANGS" on "Loading Multiplayer data... 77%"

Postby cgktech » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 am

Installed the latest version Nov 21, 2020 - P3D v5.1.12.26829

- Cleared out both PCs fresh boxes basically
- For simplicity now only 2 PCs connected through one switch 2 wires only and one to router
- Installed latest release 5.1.12.26829

I was really hopeful but to my disbelieve the loading on the client stopped again at 77% Loading Multiplayer Data...

I mean "SERIOUSLY" !@!!!@#!!!

The connection is good because the HOST shows message that the client has joined and later attached, if I kill host the client show that connection has been lost, therefore I can comfortably say that the multichannel communication link is good and connected. What is up with this "Loading Multiplayer data..." ???? Why does it hang there and what is it looking for ?

If I start the client with -mp option and manually configure multiplayer even that seems to connect but when it loads the simulation everything stops at the 77%. I have not seen the client to successfully load and start even once in two week of intensive troubleshooting work.

If I do RESET on HOST from pull down file menu it does exactly same thing hangs at 77% Loading Multiplayer data...

Am I the only person experiencing this?

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”