Hotfix

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
charlesallsop

Hotfix

Postby charlesallsop » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:00 am

Good day, I downloaded the latest Hotfix and proceeded to uninstall Client /Content /Scenery. It installed fine but I found all my add on scenery and aircraft missing. I then noticed that within the C:/LM folder wher I installed it was a folder "Prepar3D V4" and all the files for P3D are there as well?
Any idea how this occurred and will I be able to move those files back to the respective folders and then delete the duplicate?

downscc

Re: Hotfix

Postby downscc » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm

You made a mistake and installed to c:\lm\Prepar3d v4\?

Due to the complexity of an install you cannot simply move program files around on your machine. Uninstall all three components, remove the unintended folders and then try again being careful as to how you enter the install path.

I've had no problems installing to my preferred location c:\p3d\p3dv4\, note that I am anticipating the day when v5 is released I'll just stick it in c:\p3d\p3dv5\ with a minimum of hassle.
Dan Downs
KCRP

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Any idea how this occurred and will I be able to move those files back to the respective folders and then delete the duplicate?
Uninstall Client, Content and Scenery. Delete folder C:/LM/Prepar3D V4. Reinstall Client/Content/Scenery, ensuring you specify the C:\LM folder as the installation folder.

Randy

charlesallsop

Postby charlesallsop » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 am

Hi All, I will do an uninstall and redo from scratch. I suppose I will need to reinstall all the add ons , scenery etc afterwards?

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:43 pm

You shouldn’t have to. But it’s hard to say. On a side note, I just realized my reply above was basically what Dan suggested. I need to read things more closely. Sigh.

Randy

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”