P3D Scenery?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
charlesallsop

P3D Scenery?

Post by charlesallsop »

Good day, I have had to reload P3DV4.2 after a hard drive failure. I have now downloaded Global and Vector but after the download it gives a message"no installed simulator was found on your system" I am not sure why this should be? Also when shutting down a message is received:
[error.0]
error=Duplicate Section Name
File: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery.cfg
Section: Area.157

[error.1]
error=Error loading "" from "C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.2.3.0\Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll".

[error.2]
error=Texture SKY_W_LTGRAY1.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.3]
error=Texture WH_W2.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.4]
error=Texture SKY_W_BLACK2.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.5]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - 1

[error.6]
error=Texture 2140-90.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.7]
error=Duplicate Section Name
File: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery.cfg
Section: Area.157

Any ideas will be appreciated

Regards

Charles
downscc

Re: P3D Scenery?

Post by downscc »

How did you "reload" P3D? Did you install P3D from its installer(s) or did you restore the files using a backup tool? Sounds like you have a registry issue, which is why I am asking this.
Dan Downs
KCRP
charlesallsop

Post by charlesallsop »

Hello Dan, as it was the previous version I downloaded the new version from the website installers.Perhaps the "reload" was not correct, it was a new installation.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

charlesallsop wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 am I have had to reload P3DV4.2 after a hard drive failure. I have now downloaded Global and Vector but after the download it gives a message"no installed simulator was found on your system" I am not sure why this should be? Also

Hello Charles

Try this to repair the registry path's

Uninstall and Reinstall the Prepar3D Client Only, This step will not effect your Add On's

1) Navigate to the Windows Control Panel right click on Prepar3D Academic \ Professional Client and click Uninstall

2) The Windows programs and features box will appear, Click Yes to uninstall the Client

3) You will now to given the Option to "Deactivate" the prepar3D license, Click No The license will stay Active

4) Reinstall the Client again, Navigate to your Prepar3D download folder, Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Install

Then launch the FTX central control panel and test

Try that and let me know how you get on
charlesallsop

Post by charlesallsop »

Hi thanks again for your help! I did this procedure right up to the re intall client where it wanted to install to C:/Program files/P3d. Now I have found a P3D at this location but I had it installed to a separate C:/P3d folder! So there are two P3d installed. In the first one the are no aircraft but in the second one my aircraft are there and they are shown when running the sim.So should i delete the other or leave as is? And when installing Client to P3d what path should it be, just to the root folder?

Kind regards
Charles
downscc

Post by downscc »

I don't believe the installer will install a second instance of same version. The Program Files location is the default but most prefer a location such as C:\P3D to avoid problem with the Windows nanny protection (It doesn't matter the exact path you select, I use the C:\P3D\P3Dv4 approach such that when v5 comes out I add P3Dv5 to the P3D folder). If you have two instances of same version installed, do you also have two listed in the setup > Apps display of all installed programs? Do not delete either one yet, first figure out if there are registry entries for both or either one and the list of installed programs is a quick way of doing this. The preferred way of removing a program is to uninstall it such that registry entries are removed as well as files and programs.

Are you sure the 'first one' that doesn't have aircraft is not just left over folders? Does c:\Program Files\P3D folder include Prepar3D.exe or are the folders nearly empty? If this is the case then you don't have P3D installed twice and things make sense. The uninstall will always leave behind a few folders and any user configured files, this is normal.
Dan Downs
KCRP
downscc

Post by downscc »

Check the folder for the old location, Program Files\P3D\, and verify there is no Prepar3D.exe located there. If there is no Prepar3D.exe then it is not installed twice. When uninstalling it is normal to leave folders behind that contain user generated files. Double check the Windows 10 Settings > Apps list of programs to make sure there is only one P3D client installed then you can safely delete the folders under Program Files.

Your P3D root folder is now c:\P3D, and this is where you would install the client, content and scenery.
Dan Downs
KCRP
charlesallsop

Post by charlesallsop »

Hi Dan, thanks as always for assistance.I checked the "other" P3D and it had some files there but no .exe file so I moved all these to a temp folder and now all is well re the Global Vector and FTX Central and P3D runs fine. But!! now that all is installed, aircraft, add ons etc I wanted to complete the final step i.e. Vox Atc. This installs fine into the Progam Files location; but when running its indexer it apparently has to run this by looking for P3D in its normal default folder whereas mine is in a "custom" folder C:/ Lockhead Martin. Now I have to re install all back to the default folder and I think If I have to do this all over again my brain might explode! Is there an easier way apart from uninstalling and re installing again?
downscc

Post by downscc »

I would never consider for a minute uninstalling P3D to install it in a different location for the sakes of an addon. I am not familiar with VOX ATC, but I assume they have customer support or a user support forum. I would really be amazed that an addon could not work with P3D installed into a custom location, which is done by most flightsim enthusiasts to avoid Windows UAC. If VOX ATC doesn't accomodate this common practice then it's time to look for a different addon.
Dan Downs
KCRP