Selectable runway for takeoff and landing

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
KevinKaessmann

Selectable runway for takeoff and landing

Post by KevinKaessmann »

As it isn't always predeterminable which runway would be selected by Ground/ATC for takeoff and landing, especially in low windspeed situations, it would be helpful to have the opportunity to request the opposite or another runway in the communication with Ground and ATC.

At the moment, in the ATC window, I can only confirm the selection that Ground/ATC made. My wish is a further menu point "request another runway" even for a single runway airport while starting from parking/gate or approaching to the airport.

I know, it's not a simple task, as AI aircraft should be canceled, rerouted or "Go around" ;-)
Maybe one would be held on the gate/parking (takeoff) or in a holding pattern (approach) until the change of the runway is prepared by ATC and AI has been landed or "Go around" ?
funkyaz77

Re: Selectable runway for takeoff and landing

Post by funkyaz77 »

+1
JoeFremont

Post by JoeFremont »

+1

AIrport near me, KOAK has a large runway (12/30) used for big jets and smaller runways (28R-10L, 28L-10R) used mostly for GA aircraft, it would be nice to be able to request them when flying small AC and not be forced on to the larger runway
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

As I fly mostly small GA aircraft, I thought about practicing approaches: I set "fair weather", then do touch&go.
For me as a not so experienced pilot, it's easier to concentrate the training on a specific runway, so I can align my circling on the same viewpoints in every approach.

But as you wrote: the same function would enhance multi-runway airports, especially for GA to keep off from the big iron and use the smaller runway (that in a real situation would be given to the pilot too).