ATC window wish

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Blaunarwal

ATC window wish

Postby Blaunarwal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:58 am

I´d wish, the ATC window has a X to close it and closing it would return the focus on the sim window again. I often have to zoom in to read a gauge and zoom out to view the cockpit while flying. I always need to re-focus the main window clicking it or pressing the back button to get the window ready. Please make this a little more handy, it is still to handle like in FSX times.
i7- 9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F, KFA2 RTX2080 Super Ex 8GB

maajr57

Re: ATC window wish

Postby maajr57 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:10 am

Just right click it to Undock the ATC window and your wish will be granted.

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:06 am

Just right click it to Undock the ATC window and your wish will be granted.
It´s not that easy: Two clicks to close the window is one too much.

The focus remains on the closed atc window. Zooming in and out does no longer work until I click the main window or reset this to default zoom.

I have programmed a joystick and an mouse button for opening/closing the ATC window. That´s the easiest workaround. I´d love after the answer to the controller, the window would fade away after a few seconds I could set in options. It opens again, when the controller calls me (what it does today).
i7- 9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F, KFA2 RTX2080 Super Ex 8GB

maajr57

Postby maajr57 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:17 am

Try the Accent key above the left tab and next to the 1 key.
Check HELP then Keyboard Assignments.

KevinKaessmann

Postby KevinKaessmann » Wed May 01, 2019 2:13 pm

The last days, I tried P3D voice control. It was hard to implement as I use a non US english Windows (Win 7 needs US installation or Ultimate), but now, I control ATC by speaking "open ATC" and "close ATC".

Inside the ATC window, I control the selection by speaking "select option one , two, three ..."
These voice commands are default in the <appdata>\VoiceControlPhrases.cfg).

It's faster, doesn't use a key or button, I don't lose my focus and have my hands free while approaching.

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Thu May 02, 2019 2:24 pm

The last days, I tried P3D voice control. It was hard to implement as I use a non US english Windows (Win 7 needs US installation or Ultimate), but now, I control ATC by speaking "open ATC" and "close ATC".

Inside the ATC window, I control the selection by speaking "select option one , two, three ..."
These voice commands are default in the <appdata>\VoiceControlPhrases.cfg).

It's faster, doesn't use a key or button, I don't lose my focus and have my hands free while approaching.
Cool, I will give that a try. Wasn't aware of this feature. Thanks

Return to “Prepar3D Feature Requests”