Airport Database Upgrade

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
JoeFremont

Airport Database Upgrade

Post by JoeFremont »

Hi P3D Team!

I just wanted to ask if there could be some updates to the airport database within P3D. The airport DB is basically the same as FSX in 2005, many airports have closed and opened since then, I am not suggesting anything fancy, bacically what I am suggesting is:

1) Airports whose ICAO codes have changed should be updated.
2) Airports that have closed should be marked as closed.
3) New airports (especially those that replaced airports have closed) should be added. These new airports should be very minimal, runways, taxiways, a few places to park, no buildings.

Thanks for listening.
vafpilot

Re: Airport Database Upgrade

Post by vafpilot »

There is a website that contains the process and files for updating the sim with regard to navaids and airport information. It’s available for both P3D and FSX. If anyone is interested I can post the URL here.

My request would be for LM to design a way to allow Navigraph (or Navdata) to update the sim. This would allow third party addons who use the sim database info to remain current especially if you fly online with VATSIM. Specifically, there are FMC addons this would apply to and would be advantageous for use in aircraft that do not have a working FMS.
Will Thomas
JoeFremont

Post by JoeFremont »

I know there are packages, both free and payware that I could get to update my personal database.

But much of the reasoning for this request comes from the fact I run a website that is a Virtual Airline platform called FSAirlines, we maintain a database of all available airports. Because most of our pilots use either FSX or P3D and because P3D continues to use the old FSX Airport codes I have to leave all the old codes in the database. If P3D had the current airport codes it would make the day when the majority of our pilots had current codes closer.
muthusankar

New Airport Database Request

Post by muthusankar »

Dear Team,

Requesting you to pls share New Airport Databases as on date, if any available. I am unable to locate many airports in India. For example, I am unable to find VOHS, VOBL airports and if you have any latest Sceneries for the same airports pls share. Thanks

Muthu
Honeywell
DennisBerlin788

Re: New Airport Database Request

Post by DennisBerlin788 »

Hey,

here is something in the work..

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewto ... d2fd0#p841

best regards,

Dennis
pmb

Post by pmb »

vafpilot wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:10 pm There is a website that contains the process and files for updating the sim with regard to navaids and airport information. It’s available for both P3D and FSX. If anyone is interested I can post the URL here.

My request would be for LM to design a way to allow Navigraph (or Navdata) to update the sim. This would allow third party addons who use the sim database info to remain current especially if you fly online with VATSIM. Specifically, there are FMC addons this would apply to and would be advantageous for use in aircraft that do not have a working FMS.
As far as I know this updates navaids like frequencies, ILS and such. It does not update the visual appearance of the airports. As a result, the updated and up-to-date ILS may lead to nowhere, and such.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
Poppet

Re: New Airport Database Request

Post by Poppet »

muthusankar wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:56 pm Requesting you to pls share New Airport Databases as on date

Hello Muthu

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forum. I have merged your topic with this one