AI landing roll-outs

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Psybear

AI landing roll-outs

Post by Psybear »

We have been told that the unrealistic AI short after landing roll-outs were hard coded into FSX/ESP. But since this is P3D v3.4 is there any way the LM team could address this and lengthen them?

Clayton
Win 10x64-256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v4.3-512GB M.2 960Pro | Storage-1TB 850Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K@4.5GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200GHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070 Quicksilver/8GB(418.91) | 26W 1920x1200 | Crystal 460x-860Xi
bekesdd

Re: AI landing roll-outs

Post by bekesdd »

I would like to see this too, but I think it was one and simple solution done in fsx to cover big and small airports AI may visit where in real life planes may be lightly loaded and land at very short distance. I suppose other than expanding AI function it would require additional information in afcads and ai flightplans as well to make it work properly around the globe without causing any further immersion breaking behavior or messing up ground movements even more. It can be imagined it would require significant amount of thought and work, and ultimately may not come to be more than serving as visual aesthetic for LM. But I think one thing that can still be done to much minimize the issue (which is rwy occupancy time, I presume) without causing much complications would be to increase taxi speed on the runway and exit turn to more realistic levels, or may be give us a slider for that. Alternatively they could provide simconnect variables to manipulate the entire AI system through external program and leave the rest to addon developers. There is already a free program currently in development which is trying to work with the very limited ability to control AI available, to improve in this area. It would however also require the simconnect system to be more robust so as to not get overwhelmed by the massive data involved and hiccup, which it currently does.