Prepar3D v3 Feature Requests

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
funkyaz77

Postby funkyaz77 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:50 am

Oh and one other thing please don't be afraid with breaking compatibility with legacy products as the only way to move forward is to make a new simulator and radically change the core product.

Thanks

Duncan

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 am

1. A transparent radio message window, like in FSX.
2. fix Tessellation shift so that ORBX can update high altitude airports to P3D v2.5
GPU KFA2 RTX2080 Super Ex

airBAJAN

Postby airBAJAN » Thu May 07, 2015 3:00 am

MMMMM, interesting! I'd like to see the following features:
1) Full DirectX 12 support!
2) Native 64-bit support.
3) Multi-GPU support i.e. SLI/Crossfire.
4) Better improve AI.
5) Pre-load missions just like what FSX has.
6) Realistic runways bumping effect.
7) Realistic 3D Camera effects.

jagarpa

Postby jagarpa » Tue May 12, 2015 10:53 pm

improve efficiency in multi monitor.
Besides work with the hardware available and not futuristic

Donaly

Postby Donaly » Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 am

As in FSX, it would be great to have a starting page allowing to preselect airport, runway, time, weather, aircraft, flightplan, etc. It is such a waste of time to do that afterwards...

hermes82

Postby hermes82 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 pm

donaly, when you start prepar3d I take it you're starting the default flight with the f22, if so open menu, click create scenario then when the scenario page is open tick the little box at the bottom that say's "show at startup" that gives you all the features you listed next time you start

Spike11

Postby Spike11 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:56 pm

There are some great ideas here so this may sound trivial.

The ability to go into the settings and adjust brightness, contrast and gamma with sliders.

einherz

Postby einherz » Sun May 31, 2015 2:49 pm

v3? i hope it'll fresh new, that's all
it could be long time to be reworked 2006's soft, but in 2016-17 inte'll give 10nm tech cpu, nvidia'll give 3d vram, and ssd at pci-e will coast not as ferrari's engine i hope, so may be, new simulator will got new physic, new graphic and engine will more flexible for dive in the sky, may be 10-20y and pc will work with head move+eyes friction(native track ir system) stereoscopic universe simulation, or pc will in the human head and work with central nervouse system with vestibular and overload simulation, but i hope all news of pc hardware will come with pc simulator's news

Tailhook

Postby Tailhook » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:47 pm

In regards to the engine... 64-bit should be the top priority of current development. This is 2015, not 2005. Also, I think the engine should be converted from using BMP textures to TGA or DDS, similar to the DCS engine. It would cut the entire simulator install size down by 40% or more. Not only the install size would be cut but it would allow so much more video memory to be used in place of what the massive BMP textures currently take up. With a 64-bit engine and TGA/DDS textures, we could be looking at a simulator that could run at over 60 frames constant on max settings. Every third-party developer would hate you but when they see how good the simulator runs they will forgive you and begin updating their products.

A better or improved start selection screen should be done for V3. I still don't understand the thought behind not having one by default, it's annoying to have to go in and enable it.
All the Airport/Facility Directory (A/FD) information, along with AIRAC data, desperately needs to be updated to real-world current, and should be updated regularly via self-updater on P3D launch. It would work in sync with Navigraph.

Spike11

Postby Spike11 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:36 am

Real weather info fetch with 15min updating

geloxo

Postby geloxo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 am

I would like to see a turn to make civil and combat simulator can be combined under the same platform. Engine and current third party addons such as ORBX could make this really amazing. Imagine the power of DCS military simulation combined with an ATC, the beauty of ORBX and the details of some of the existing jets, choppers or ships, and... being worlwide. If v3 is a major step this is what I would like to have.
Intel i9-9900K, Nvidia RTX2080Ti, 32 Gb DDR4, Windows 10 64bit

Deepredson

Postby Deepredson » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:10 am

(1) Small updates to 2.5
.....if.........
you go to 64 Bit for V3
Developers stayed with FS9 for a very long time before moving enmasse to FSX (though slower and less developers in those days)
(2) V3 in two flavors? x32 & x64.

Only, please please for all the Saints of Aviation --- NOT just another VAS-crashing pain-in-the-Bit stand-alone 32-Bit P3D ?????!!

DrakoDeaD

Postby DrakoDeaD » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Most important for me is 64 bit full support! :)
and otherwise:
-direct x 12
-3D Rain/Snow
-new lightning
- world, ambience, environment, texture, effect like Outerra ! (a dream ?)
- "work" with Outerra ;)

Ernest7

Postby Ernest7 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 pm

For the next version of P3D
It should include to my view:
1) Having the best REAL flight dynamics LIVE both General Aviation (helicopters and aircraft of one or two engines) and commercial aviation. With the ability to edit flight dynamics better and to see behaviors according to real-life situations. Either loading an external file or within P3D.
2) Own instructor console, you can connect to network.
This console could have the ability to create and / or select for yourself and share situations, for example:
- A failure carburator heat and / or engine 1000 Feet in a C172 is not the same as 7000 ... considering if you fly on IFR or VFR.
- Or an engine failure on takeoff is not the same as already supported about 500 ft above the ground.
- And to practice a stall with motor, without motor, see what happens when the necessary corrections are applied.
3) The instructor console could work with the flight dynamics of each aircraft, improving and making it´s real.
4) Improvements to general aviation navigation instruments, such as when one in real life intercepting the localizer, just before the deflection of the CDI in real life is different than in Prepare, not due to, but it's just unreal in FSX and FS9, I think it's something like this schedule, the truth I have no idea but if it was real or improve this would be helpful for TOTAL instrumental training.
5) Support Multiscreen (scenarios and cameras for Great visual´s) automatic, example: <if I have five or six monitors, should expect a visual 180° automatically> I think it would not be very complex this as the multi-monitor support which currently has already allows this, but we must work at it, this support could be better whether Prepar working on one supercomputer and network.
6) Best outlet for booth builders commercial service, the gauges, switches, etc. have the ability to connect to external hardware without major complications is this via FSUIPC, SImCONNETC, etc.
7) LIVE support for 64 bits.
8) Full Support for DirectX 12
9) Support for real 3D. both scenarios, clouds, effects of rain, snow, dust,
10) Support for certification under FAA / JAA, etc. For sistems of simulation.
11) Simulation of tower control similar to Vatsim, Ivao, with control for IA (patterm, missing aproach, go arround, take off, recreate scenarios for live real in airport, aproach and FIR each world!
12) Harnessing the hardware available now a days
as the powers of the GPU and Extreme processors, the bandwidth advantage of solid discs etc.
13) Best render textures such as visual that has Outerra with open GL!

Sincerely a pilot server.

eallan

Postby eallan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:59 am

I want it all and I want it now.

But seriously, some of the things people are asking for are really the domain of third parties. I'd rather LM concentrated on (probably) the number one request for 64 bit so we can use all that nice expensive ram we bought, than making working jetways which can be bought in third party add-ons. You really can't expect to spend $100 and get everything globally. (I know I know, we are a demanding bunch).

Things like navdata I use Aerosoft Navdata Pro, Flight models are to some degree a function of the model you're using (not to say the engine couldn't be improved)(I'm using JeeHell Ware with ProjectAirbus modified model that comes with customized flight dynamics).

I agree taking out jeppssons real world weather was an annoyance but then the core function of the product to my understanding is scenario training, for which weather would be pre-programmed.

So, I just wonder if we should focus our wishlist at Engine type things LM should be providing and concentrate on getting those done rather than the scattergun approach of wanting it all (which I do, desperately, on steam for $9.99).
P3D v4.5 Orbx, Skalarki A320 Project Full cockpit, Jeehell FMGS A320. I7, 16gb, 2x GTX1080ti in SLI. 3x Benq 1080st Projectors

Return to “Prepar3D Feature Requests”