Prepar3D v3 Feature Requests

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Pete_H

Postby Pete_H » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:52 am

I thought I'd start a thread for feature requests in Prepar3D v3. This isn't intended to be a "LM devs must include this" thread, but rather just a list of features people think would be nice to have. Of course I don't know how demanding any of this would be or if it would even be possible, but it's interesting to discuss nonetheless.

Feel free to add your own, but mine are as follows:

1) 64-bit support - and to take advantage of this, increased LOD radius for sharp texture loading and autogen.

2) Full DirectX 12 support - DX12, which will ship with Windows 10, will offer many performance and visual enhancements over DX11. In addition, Nvidia's upcoming Pascal GPUs will be able to take full advantage of DX12 features. It would be great if P3D3 were coded to take advantage of this.

3) Enhanced lighting - P3D2 has already made great lighting enhancements, but if you look at the lighting in the Outerra engine, specifically how the sun can wash out the entire sky with glare, then it would be great if P3D3 could incorporate those kind of efects.
Example here: https://simmerhead.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/outerra2.jpg

4) Fractal terrain rendering - again looking at Outerra, the fractal terrain rendering looks amazing. If P3D3 could make fractal terrain rendering compatible with existing meshes and scenery, then that would be awesome.

5) Volumetric 3D clouds - staying with Outerra, the latest version has 3D clouds which just look phenomenal, especially the way the sun lights them up at dusk. I'd love it if P3D3 could include 3D clouds too.

6) Full VR support - since the consumer version of Oculus Rift is expected to be released later this year, it would be good if P3D3 could include full support for this.

b757

Postby b757 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:33 pm

Outerra is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the issue I have with it is there are no photos/performance logs of how it will do in big cities. Everything I have seen is out in the middle of nowhere, so performance expected to be great and is.

I do agree with the volumetric clouds is a must along with realistic atmosphere.

WayneG

Postby WayneG » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:27 am

I would like to see three things in version 3.

1. Real live weather
2. X64 Bit
3. 3D Rain/Snow

Texas30

Postby Texas30 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:45 pm

I think it would be awesome if they could somehow implement the lighting that x-plane 10 has. It is amazing for those of you that have never tried x10. Night lighting cannot be touched by any other simulation.
I know they are currently working on adding more airport and city packs, so that will be good.
Definitely live weather, maybe work with ASN.

minniyer

Postby minniyer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:53 pm

i'd think multiplayer, because sometimes people just want to mess about with there mates, E.G. me and my friend used to do formation flying and stuff like that, but now we're on P3d and we cant do anything like that because vatsim and IVAO are too laggy

even if its a simple one where its hosted from one of the persons computer

abranpuko

Postby abranpuko » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:13 pm

hello. i would ask for:
1) ai traffic navigation lights visible more far than 5nm. (maybe a slider to choose how far we wold like to see the lights at night?)
2) ai planes sometimes dissapear while waiting to take off. could you increase this time?
2) anything else because prepar3d is perfect. (almost perfect)

thanks!

Lipuprepar3d

Postby Lipuprepar3d » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:30 am

DX 12!!! It will provide better multithreading and reduce the CPU bottleneck which is one of the biggest trouble of all simulations. It will work with our current gpus. It is like upgrading your hardware for free. Full maxwell cpu support.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8962/the-directx-12-performance-preview-amd-nvidia-star-swarm/3

Then, after that, it would be great to have 64bits.

Lipuprepar3d

Postby Lipuprepar3d » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:35 am

Windows 10 with DX12 is out in summer. IT WILL BE FREE, NO MONEY.
Much more performance for free is prepar3d is upgraded to the new api Dx12.

John York

Postby John York » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 am

Something really simple. A life size sun. The moon is ok but the sun is a joke.

John

Tom9909

Postby Tom9909 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:26 am

What about a new interface. Start moving away from the old FSX UI and get something modern :)

All other suggestions are great btw

BlackVoid

Postby BlackVoid » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Damage model would be nice.

wildman

Postby wildman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Rayleigh scattering would be nice effect for prepar3d too

wildman

Postby wildman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Rayleigh Scattering

Throttlejack

Postby Throttlejack » Tue May 05, 2015 4:22 am

One more thing: native P3D Thrust reverse toggle. I really want to control the amount of thrust reverse given by throttlecontrol, which is not simulated in the FS hisory. Sometimes you must introduce something new to improve realism without beeind downward compatible to old FSX Payware.

funkyaz77

Postby funkyaz77 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:28 am

Hi LM,

My contribution for future features.

1) Realistic Flight Model in terms of climb, cruise and smoothness, also realistic stalls in GA aircraft. We want the 'feel' of flight. Also include improved ground handling especially when taxiing, the ground friction is too excessive making single engine taxi and braking unrealistic.

2) Improved VAS management and usage if sticking with 32bit to prevent OOMs

3) Improved ATC to include SID and STARS as well as Hold situations

4) Improved AI to be able to land at sloped runways

5) More realistic runway modelling in terms of elevations and sloping i.e Luka in P3D looks Flat but Aerosoft makes it much more real.

6) Better Ai handling in terms of amount of traffic and go arounds.

7) Better default scenery to bring it up to date with modern gaming standards. P3D scenery currently looks blurry in some settings and lifeless.

8) Get some real world pilot advise from GA pilots and Airliner pilots if possible into flight handling and dynamics.

9) Better weather handling to include improved turbulence and real world stations.

10) Better SDK support with more range of flight dynamics and aircraft options, scenery objects and AI handling. So for example so far P3D only shows Failures for NLG, RLG and LLG but on a 747 there are also wing landing gear so to make account for such items and increased fuel tanks so Airliners in both normal and failure situations can be simulated. Would make for more interesting DLCs. This way developers wouldn't have to hack so much into P3D and programme outside so much to get what they need.

11) 64 Bit would be great X-Plane has it :)

12) Ground handling agents such as Fuel trucks, catering vans, cleaning vans, baggage carts (Improved visuals), and Jetways and passengers to be improved visually and in some cases added because they are missing by default. Also 3D airport building less lego brick and more real.

Thanks

Duncan

Return to “Prepar3D Feature Requests”