A way to empty the Keys & Axis assignments

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Solo86

A way to empty the Keys & Axis assignments

Post by Solo86 »

Hi.
I use P3D with ProSim737.
When using ProSim ALL assignments in P3D have to be deleted.
This is currently a long and laborious process and for each joystick/throtlle/keyboatd/mouse/yoke/USB I/O input card etc. I have to work my way down the list of Kay & Axis assignments clicking first on the assignment to select it and then clicking on the Delete Tab (I cannot even use the 'Delete' key which would make things a bit easier!)
Can you Add a 'DELETE ALL' button in the Key assignments and the Axis Assignments so this is made easy for all ProSim Users.
Regards
Peter
Sabre57

Re: A way to empty the Keys & Axis assignments

Post by Sabre57 »

+1 and not just for prosim users. I've had to delete axis and button assignments off of my TM MFDs, yokes, throttles, mouse, etc., countless times. Why an axis gets assigned to a button device also seems weird to me.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

I have same request, it is very laborious
Regards
Rob
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

I would try deleting the file standard.xml which contains the key/axis bindings. It is in C:\Users\<fill in user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Controls
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
navymustang

Post by navymustang »

Just deleting the file may invoke P3D to reload a default new one with assignments.

I would suggest a one-time manual deletion, then save the config file. Then if you do need an empty file again just reload it via the menus.
bigtall10

Post by bigtall10 »

Plus 1 on this!
Banananav

Post by Banananav »

I'm just setting up V6 to use with Prosim.
Can I add my appeal for a Delete All button for Axis and Key assignments.
Thanks.