MULTIPLAYER WORKING SOLVED

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
pestridge77

MULTIPLAYER WORKING SOLVED

Post by pestridge77 »

It took us 7 hours to sort it out, but to skip all that, check out this video on how to do it for you and your mates

https://youtu.be/MF8_JN9xKPA
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
BlueBird1

Re: MULTIPLAYER WORKING SOLVED

Post by BlueBird1 »

I am trying this now.... can a P3d V4.5 connect say with my P3d V5? Can any flight sim (ie FSX, P3d (anyu version, XP11) connect if for example I am hosting and using RadminVPN for example?

Respectfully,
Bluebird1

Hats off to you if this works... been frustrating trying to get this going.
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

I tried this tonight after watching the video. Still no luck. Other person had P3dV5 I have P3d V5.

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

not sure if different versions of p3d can connect with each other, I am sure everyone needs to be on the same version of p3d and the same legal license... I would not have thought operating system would have anything to do with it. Ensure everyone has run the sim in admin mode.... we did it twice yesterday with different people being the host. Also, join the Discord that is in the description of the video and I can go through with you and we can do it together....
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

Thanks Adam... I joined the discord am William Freeman EAL490. It's Sat 7:35 am (mountain time) I'll be on and off throughut the day
P3R

Post by P3R »

Wrote the solution 4 days ago in this post.
viewtopic.php?f=6316&t=136891

Another thing is that i find the heading in this tread misleading since this is only an alternative way to connect to multiplayer.
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

P3R wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:21 am Wrote the solution 4 days ago in this post.
viewtopic.php?f=6316&t=136891

Another thing is that i find the heading in this tread misleading since this is only an alternative way to connect to multiplayer.
alright dude calm down.... we are all on the same side here, no need to swing anything around. Your post which I did see, only helped in getting the vpn software. We still could not connect until we discovered, which it dont say in your thread so I wouldnt say you solved it if ya wasnt able to put the entire solution down, that one person, the host had to be in the sim first already before others could connect successfully..... which it also does not say within the p3d help guide for multiplayer....
I also do not see any post that reads, Multiplayer solved or working. Just a load of posts that complain about it not working with someone (yourself) offering help to another for a possible solution, which he never returned back on...

So lets just stop with the "well I actually put the solution up first" post.....the heading is not misleading as the video linked shows and this is the only way I can see at the mo to get a successful multiplayer going.....
bryan3737

Post by bryan3737 »

pestridge77 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:00 pm It took us 7 hours to sort it out, but to skip all that, check out this video on how to do it for you and your mates

https://youtu.be/MF8_JN9xKPA
I have to agree with pestridge77, Radmin VPN is the way to go. I've been using it with a friend of mine now for a few weeks and no issues. Due to my setup, version 3 worked the best for me so I went back to the previous version of prepar3d. I probably put in the same amout of time and research pestridge77 did without any luck on getting the native feature of multiplayer to work within prepar3d without a third party program to bridge the networking gap. I'm sure it's possible for a networking engineer to change port settings in your router/modem and computer with a whole litany of other setting changes, but unfortunately I'm not. Radmin VPN is free, easy to use and fairly easy to set up. As much time as I spent on trying to find a solution and the lack of support prepar3d offers, I hope this saves people time.
lodanap

Post by lodanap »

I agree bryan3737. Have also been using RAdminVPN quite successfully for the past few months. The main problem I've had is not connectivity anymore but shared cockpit compatibility wit QW787, PMDG 747 & 737. I will await updates from the software companies.