Multiplayer in P3d V5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
BlueBird1

Multiplayer in P3d V5

Post by BlueBird1 »

I was wondering has anyone tried or gotten Multiplayer to work in P3d V5 yet?? If so anyone have step by step instruction on how to do it. User manual to vague.

I never could get it to work in P3d V4.5 either.

Thanks in advance on assistance

Buebird1
bryan3737

Re: Multiplayer in P3d V5

Post by bryan3737 »

Amen BlueBird1!
No I haven't had any luck getting version 5 mulitplayer to work. My friend and I were having the same connectivity issues with version 3 and version 4. We both decided to try version 5 as perhaps the problem lied with connecting to two different versions of Prepar3d. I don't have any clue where the problem lies. We don't know if it's with my system, my friends system or with Prepar3d?
When we try and connect to the native multiplayer neither of us can see any hosted games nor can we connect directly to each other through our local IP.

We've tried port forwarding through the computer and router for the (6112 - 6122) ports used by Prepar3d. I've done enough research online on many subjects relating to multiplayer simming, I feel like I should be an expert.

I know I'm running on the low end of the requirements to run the program, but I was having the same issues with the earlier versions of this program. If anyone has had any luck getting this program to run a multiplayer shared cockpit environment using Prepar3d, please help. Unfortunately, I have received virtually no support from Prepar3d and I'm just about ready to throw in the towel, get my refund and try another simulator which will support multiplayer shared cockpit environment.

Setup specs:
Windows 10 Home
Nividia GTX 650TI - Dedicated Video Mem 2048 MB
I5-3570K quad core 3.40GHz
31.7GB (Usable) RAM
6.17 GB space available on my system is low, but shouldn't have anything to do with connectivity to multiplayer
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

Hi Bryan,
I even went a step further as there are a group of us that fly on Sunday nights on our virtual airline. We use FSHost (which os older), I even connected on FShost and then trying those IP numbers as well where we could connect onto multiplayer, but still no luck. We have tried on same versions of P3d, V5 and 4.5, I too like you thought, multiplayer would be fixed and easy.

I'm the type I will keep going until I find a resolution...asd soon as I find it, I will let the forum know.

They make it sound so easy in the manual! But even when you follow that it as you know doesn't work. I'll keep you informed etc.

I also fly XP11.5 and the default 737 on there has a nice FMC as well.

As you probably know everyone is awaiting the release of MSFS2020.

That's the one thing I wish LM would be is more customer service oriented especially when we pay for a product and not just say look in the manual.

Will keep you posted
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

Hopefully LM viewing the multi-player thread and can offer step by step guidance on multi-player

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
P3R

Post by P3R »

Hi

We have been testing Multiplayer in P3Dv5 to no avail so my conclusion is that Multi in P3Dv5 dosent work unless your on the same network. I might be wrong but this is my experience atleast.

The solution for that is simple.
Download this tiny vpn app for free https://www.radmin-vpn.com/ then one of you would just press Create New Network within the app while the others just join your network afterwards.

Now launch P3Dv5 and host a multiplayer session.
This time around you will see each others and just join the hosted multiplayer session in the lobby.

Another alternative is using the free joinfs or fscloud app.

br
P3Ron
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Does using the Direct IP connection option work for you? Also there is a network test in network settings that shows if there are any connection issues with ports, etc.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

Hi Rob,
When you say using Direct IP... are you talking about finding what your IP address is, ie findmy IP, then entering that IP address?

In the meantime, I can try that and the network test. Will reply back as well.

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

Hi Rob,
When I do the Network test everything in the right side of window is successful:
network connectivity
internet connectivity
all the various ports opened
Direct IP connection test

All good.

So, if I was to "Host" a multiplayer session, in theory, I give that IP to whomever is going to join correct? Then we should be able to see each other?

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Yes, if you provide your external IP they should be able to connect directly to your session.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

Thanks Rob.

I'll try this weekend, and let you/others in here know the results... then we can mark as resolved :)
Thanks for your valued time sir and will let you know.

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
vtracy

Post by vtracy »

Hi everybody,

I realize I am a bit late here in this forum-thread but I cannot get my P3D to run in MP mode.
I have Prepar3Dv5.3HF2 installed
My brother has the exact same installation
We set up a VPN with Radmin VPN; we can see each other‘s IP address and computer ID in the network
PING works fine, mostly below 50ms
We start P3D then:
in the start screen, I go to Multiplayer, in „Settings“, I set the time-outs at 120 sec; the connectivity test is successful on all ports
I then start a HOST session, „Launch“
Then, my brother starts his P3D, in the start screen, he selects „Multiplayer“ and „Join Sesseion“, He enters my IP address, that he can see in his VPN window in the window for „Connect Direct“ and klicks „Connect“.
Nothing happens all the time!
It is quite evident that the VPN is working, with the Radmin Viewer, we can even „see“ in the other PC…

I am out of ideas. What can be missing or wrong in our procedure?

Any help very appreciated.

Volker
suaviter in modo fortiter in re