Client out of sync when players above 7-8

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
simskunkworks

Client out of sync when players above 7-8

Post by simskunkworks »

It's an old issue that is still not corrected.
This issue appeared for the first time on latest version of P3D 3 and still remains on all 4.x version.
It happens that when neighbors players are more than 6-8 most of them go out of sync showing ingoing p2p connection problems and seeing other players blocked at position.
In truth, something was correct because initially above 6 players ALL went out syincro.
Please LM try to do something to correct this issue or at least give some answers to users.
/SSW
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Client out of sync when players above 7-8

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are all users running the same version of Prepar3D? Are you seeing this with default vehicles?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Also, what type of connection are you using? Is it Direct IP or are you connecting through the Lobby on a LAN?
Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
simskunkworks

Post by simskunkworks »

HI,
all players have same version obviously, otherwise MP does not connect.
It happens with all aircrafts either default or not, out of syncs happen with several players (generally more than 6) and are worst if connections are not that good.
This problems began after version 3.2, earlier versions were perfect in MP even with huge sessions with 30 > players.

/SSW
Dastardly

Post by Dastardly »

For our squadron it happens a great deal of the time. http://vcw-8.com
We connect via Direct IP and most of us are using cable modems (wired), but there are also some that can only get satellite internet where they live.
It makes it hard to have a cohesive multiplayer session. And too many re-attempts at connection. That, sadly results in the cancellation of the training.
We have members from around the world.

Thank you in advance for looking into this issue LM!

NOTE: We are using v4.2 of Prepar3D
http://www.vcw-8.com
lharv71

Post by lharv71 »

We are having the same problem....

We are using
1. P3D v4
2. CCP (current version)
3. 6 players
4. A members computer to host

The issue is we are consistantly running into sync issues. We will be flying information and a pilot will turn but everyone sees him flying the same course. Also, I run TacView and we have aircraft at 80,000 ft, or bouncing around?

We have try different people hosting, we have never had this issue before but now.

It's crazy.

Please Help

Harv
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We will do additional testing and investigate this on our end. For those experiencing this issue please continue to post any additional details and information here that may help narrow down the potential source of the problem.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
lharv71

Post by lharv71 »

I have one BIG question regarding sync issues; what is the recommended "Ping" or Latency for P3D Multiplayer?

Harv
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

The host has the ability to set "Update Interval" values when creating a session. By default the Host sends updates every 0.3 seconds and Clients send updates every 0.2 seconds. Are these the values you are using? Does lowering/raising these values have any effect? Lowering these values would increase network traffic whereas raising these values would reduce network traffic.

Also, what Timeout and Keep Alive values are you using? Does reducing the Keep Alive time have any effect?

When the aircraft begins a turn, but the continues to fly straight instead, does this player eventually get disconnected or does the player remain in the session and continue to fly?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
lharv71

Post by lharv71 »

Thanks Clifton,

1. We are using the default settings 0.3 and 0.2 - we will try different settings tonight
2. I am unsure what you mean by Timeout and Keep Alive values
3. Regarding the aircraft both will happen sometimes they will get bumped but most times they remain in the scenario.

I will keep you posted on results.

Many thanks

Harv
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

Dastardly was referring to a participant who was on a Satellite connection. I may be the person he was talking about and I would like to correct the type of connection I use. My system is not a satellite connection. The system, I have is a land based wireless shared WIFI system composed of a head end that uses Dragon wave backhaul between a maximum of three towers. Each tower radiates at 360 degrees and can service 100 or more clients. My service is 25 meg download and 1 to 1.5 meg upload. This is a typical rural broadband setup used my many companied in NA, who are not serviced by a cable system or fibre system. Your suggestion of .3 sec update by server and .2 sec update mean that the upload and download speed should be in the ratio of 3 to 2? Also how is this this speed affected by the numbers of players connected in one session?
Fryman
Intel Core I7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz, SABERTOOTH Z87 Intel Motherboard, Trident X 8GB memory, NVidia GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB video, C: 1TB SSD, P3D drive; 500GB SSD, graphics; 2TB HD, Win 10 PRO, 64 bit. Warthog with Simped rudders.
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

As a follow-up to Clifton's question above when I get booted out I nearly always get disconnected from the session. Only once did I continue to fly in the session. During this event I could not see other players but they could see me. I was not in the area where I was supposed to be as I had lost synch.
Fryman
Intel Core I7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz, SABERTOOTH Z87 Intel Motherboard, Trident X 8GB memory, NVidia GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB video, C: 1TB SSD, P3D drive; 500GB SSD, graphics; 2TB HD, Win 10 PRO, 64 bit. Warthog with Simped rudders.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Could you try having the host turn on the "Players can pause their session" option to see if that has any effect?

Thank you.
Clifton Crane