Cannot Connect and no Router.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
mnorth27

Post by mnorth27 »

Just breaking into P3D so I may be missing something but I cannot connect to multiplayer. I have tried hosting, and joining directly but after it thinks about it (trying to connect) it comes back and says it cannot connect. When I tried to host, it went through the process but no on could connect to me. Never saw a session on the UI to connect to so did not try that. The MP settings and ports (in the MP UI) showed correct porting, but this computer does not flow through any routers, just a switch so it hooks Computer-switch-modem-ISP.

System:
X99MB with I7 chipset
16 GB ram
Windows 7 ultimate x64
P3D 2.5
Netgear switch (no router involved)

Just beginning to troubleshoot but checking to see if anyone has things to try when I get home this evening.

Mike
System Specs: MSI Gaming M5 Z370 M/B, I7 8700K Processor, 32gb ram, 1080TI Video Card, Windows 10 Pro, 1Tb and 500gb Samsung SSD's, 1.5TB HDD, Oculus CV1 VR.
aeronauta

Re: Cannot Connect and no Router.

Post by aeronauta »

Maybe your Firewall is stopping the traffic in...

Do you have more than one PC on the modem?? what iis the switch doing??

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
capt_Cronic

Post by capt_Cronic »

try it without the switch
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Your MODEM might have a built in router ?

See what IP address you PC has .. (use Ipconfig from CMD prompt)

If it is a Private IP ( ie starting with 192, or 10) Then you have some form of router in your Modem that is doing NATS Translation, and you will have to set up port forwarding in the Modem to your Local IP. (Helps if you make that Local IP STATIC)

What is your Modem Make, and are you Cable or DSL ?