[RESOLVED] Prepar3Dv5 CIGI Host Packet Output

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
afgrill

[RESOLVED] Prepar3Dv5 CIGI Host Packet Output

Post by afgrill »

Using P3D v5.2 Pro Plus as Host via CIGI:

On viewing CIGI packets in Wireshark that are output by P3D, the CIGI packets seems to only contain IG Control packets.

Looking through the Prepar3D CIGI documentation I can see that Prepar3D does support other forms of CIGI packets (Entity Control, Component Control, etc). However, I cannot find how to have Prepar3D include these packets in its CIGI output along with the IG Control packets.

Is there an option in P3Dv5 (or in the CigiConfig.cfg file) that I am overlooking to enable other CIGI packet types or will I have to dive into the P3D SDK in order to include them in as output?

Any help is appreciated.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Prepar3Dv5 CIGI Host Packet Output

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi afgrill,

Prepar3D will start broadcasting other packets once the connection between the host and IG has been established. A few things to check in your CigiConfig.cfg:

1. Check that CigiMajorVersion and CigiMinorVersion match that of the IG
2. Check that SendAddress and SendPort match the IG's IP and port it's expecting to receive on
3. Check that ReceivePort matches the port that the IG is sending from

You could also try setting IsSynchronous to 0, which will prevent the host from waiting on a response from the IG before broadcasting.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
afgrill

Re: Prepar3Dv5 CIGI Host Packet Output

Post by afgrill »

Clifton,

Went through and double checked those settings. I found a type on the send address that was causing the issue. Fixed it and works as expected.

Thanks