[ANSWERED] Hardware database/list

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
go_noah

Postby go_noah » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Note that I am a new flight simulator user... Getting my grandsons involved with the technology... They are loving it! and I am loving working on the tech aspects as I am a retired computer nerd.

Is there a list/database around for P3D users that are having good success with their P3D (and maybe even FSX) experience? I realize that it is a very moving target, but any information list of this type would help users, both old and new, for the better of their experience. Also at beneficial directions for a system build/update.

If there is not an existing site that has this type of info and it takes someone to host a small php BB for the info, I could provide that... Maybe the best form would just be a BB category... List your system, and pros/cons with current P3D performance/display... As things change, you could just edit your post.... I could also do a database/table style...

Look at what somebody has put together for FSX... wow!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CMSSocoI&key=0AuiXjW8fJyDrdC1KZm5fSlJYdnJBaXRRclFuU0U3WUE&hl=en&authkey=CMSSocoI#gid=0

Certainly missing any info for Radeon cards though... but then FSX did not do well with them.... Do P3D v1.4 program changes level the playing field between the GeoForce and Radeon cards? Will v2.0 do more? Feedback on this would sure help users in planning upgrades and where to spend $$'s... :-)

Thanks in advance...

CPU - 3570K oc 4.2 16GB memory GPU - Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB memory - Win 10 64bit

WBard

Postby WBard » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:17 am

Hey Noah,

Thanks for the suggestion. While we are only able to keep the list of minimum and recommended requirements, some 3rd party websites and forums are doing what you suggest. Thanks for your interest in Prepar3D!

go_noah

Postby go_noah » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Do you know where I might a website of P3D stats? Most all I have seen have just been for FSX.

Thanks
CPU - 3570K oc 4.2 16GB memory GPU - Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB memory - Win 10 64bit

vgbaron

Postby vgbaron » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Try here -

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/

Vic

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”