Hardware upgrade advice please

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Arismac

Postby Arismac » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:22 am

I have been upgrading my primary computer which is dedicated to FS at least once every year. I would really appreciate input on how I may best upgrade and "future proof" my current computer to keep pace with Prepar3D over the next 12-18 months. I am currently running Prepar3D Pro from a VRaptor but am considering a second SSD for Prepar3D. I would especially appreciate advice on this from a member of the development team. Many thanks.

PS: I am actually flying Preapr3D Ver 1.4 but my profile does not agree and will not update.

adamjedgar

Postby adamjedgar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 am

I use the following rule of thumb... It is a pointless exercise to improve beyond the systems slowest link.

For me it's all processor. I'm considering dual cpu's on a high end evga server board. I'm just not remembering if muti CPU will work with prepar3d. I suppose there's one way to find out for myself...it's a $4000 experiment though! (for m/board and twin cpu's)

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”