Mouse stops working when using menu setting

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
NGXflyer

Postby NGXflyer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:06 pm

My mouse will sometimes stop working when trying to select different options in setup menus. This happens intermittently. I can use the enter button on my keyboard to select what ever selection has focus. If will return to the flight if the ENTER button has focus and the flight will operate as normal. Only exiting Prepar3D and restarting will allow control of the menu with my mouse but will intermittently freeze again.

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Postby Adam Breed » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 am

Hi NGXflyer,

Does this happen in full screen mode or windowed mode?
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

NGXflyer

Postby NGXflyer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:51 pm

It happens in both windowed mode and full screen mode. One time I was able to resume control on the settings menu after switching to full screen from window mode. I can always gain control after exiting program and restarting. It seems to freeze after I change a setting on the menu of any screen such as Controls, Display or Sound. If I use the keyboard enter button I can return to P3D and it continues to function normal including selections from menus at top of screen with my mouse.

blueridgeflyer

Postby blueridgeflyer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Same here although my flight controller is MS FFB2. If I interact with any menu item, my controller drops out. In fact FSUIPC doesn't even recognize it either. Restart P3D and all returns to normal.

Ryan Kelly

P3d 1.4

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”