What Hardware for a HIGH end server for P3D

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Avitali

Postby Avitali » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 am

I am trying P3D from a month and wow guys you have do a great work .

CPU:

Is better an i7 overclocked to 4.5 ghz ora a XEON E5 2600 in dual socket motherboard .

for example this Z9PE-D8 WS

Disk

is better 128 gb SSD Disk or a raid 5 of 3 HDD 72 GB U320 (stripe 8M)

Graphics card

In this case is better An high end gamers Graphic card HD6990 or a professional Nividia Quadro series ?.

what is the machine spec of your test server for P3D ?

IF LM is interested to stay in this sector for the next 10 Y or 15 Y the Rewrite of the core in a 64 bit version is an obbligate step .

Avitali

Postby Avitali » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 am

Ok i have read what i wrote and i didn't explain very well my targets .

If I want to became a reseller OF P3D that sell all in one Packet with a machine server (or a Cluster) dedicated to P3D .

What hardware i have to use for example for 1 Projector and one monitor for the instrument .

I want to build a server that have the ability to run P3D with the most important add-on installed for example for vfr training.

for example when is release SIRX2009 (http://sirx.flightsimulatorcenter.com/) that is a photorealistic scenery with 4 mt mash and modified autogen for the Italy .

So on this consideration on what type of hardware i have to see a high end platform for videogames or midium high end graphic workstation ?

adamjedgar

Postby adamjedgar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:35 pm

A question I am about to test out for myself. The twin xeon 2600's are very expensive though($2k each). I wouldn't bother with anything less than 3.3+GHz in turbo mode! That narrows it down to only top 3 xeon 2600's.

I dunno about your thoughts of a single projector...I feel that may be a bad choice, most run at least 3.

Without a firm answer on multiple CPU on server board from those who are in the know, I'm like u...not sure, so I'm going to dish out $5k and find out. At this stage im thinking of going with all evga components I think. Sr-x m/b, evga gtx 680 gpu, intel xeon 2670 or higher CPU. Not sure whether to go SSD's or not yet. I don't see any point in that if there are other areas causing bottlenecks.

I would concern myself more with the visuals...just about any Q2 2012 i7 gaming machine these days is more than adequate for siming...they are really right up there with performance these days.

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”