Logitech G13 Keyboard

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Tron10

Post by Tron10 »

I think this is it... also have a dig in the forum of Logitech http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming ... m-p/462587

Get into the folder C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls and look into the Standard.xml where your keyboard is located

copy that section between <SimControls.Map> and </SimControls.Map>

Now go to C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Controls

First make a copy of the original Standard.xml; when this exercise goes wrong....compare those 2 files

Open the file and paste the fsx contents in this file at the end before </SimBase.Document> Save the new Standard.xml file

Use Notepad++ for modifications to your xml files.

Dont forget to link your G13 tot the prepar3d.exe (it in the G13 manual how to do)

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

I think this is it... also have a dig in the forum of Logitech http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming ... m-p/462587

Get into the folder C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls and look into the Standard.xml where your keyboard is located

copy that section between <SimControls.Map> and </SimControls.Map>

Now go to C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Controls

First make a copy of the original Standard.xml; when this exercise goes wrong....compare those 2 files

Open the file and paste the fsx contents in this file at the end before </SimBase.Document> Save the new Standard.xml file

Use Notepad++ for modifications to your xml files.

Dont forget to link your G13 tot the prepar3d.exe (it in the G13 manual how to do)

|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
Tron10

Post by Tron10 »

Thanks for that help, unfortunately neither of the options helped, within P3D the G13 remains totally ignored. I can't do any configuration in or outside of P3D. What makes me really wonder is that also the hardware based "quick makro" doesn't work as it not really linked to any specific software. However, i linked the G13 configuration to the P3D.exe.

I also tried to use "quick makros" with my G15 keyboard (wich is my ordinary keyboard) and it doesn't work either.

I think that FSX just used the joystick related parts of the G13 from within FSX (something that worked also very well in FSX) while it ignored the buttons which I programmed via quick makros (or via the configuration tool of the G13 which the also allows to put a text string like "air brakes activated"

The standard.xml remains as it is after copying it from the FSX version. However, also the joystick doesn't work either neither the buttons.

Any further ideas? it is so sad because the G13 in conjunction with the Saitek panels can really free you from any keybord use while flying...

Thanx so much!

Volker