Flaps fully down, will not retract

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
vtracy

Flaps fully down, will not retract

Post by vtracy »

I have a problem that puzzles me:
Whatever aircraft I load, at whichever scenery, the flaps go fully down as soon as the aircraft is loaded.
The flaps do not budge when I use external flaps lever. When I use the virtual lever (=in the sim) I can reract the flaps, but as soon as I release the lever, the flaps go down again! The same with PF5/6 or 7.
I have de-assigned the external devices that could influence the flaps: Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant. I have unplugged the USB plug and replugged them. No use.
I installed Prepar3Dv5.3HF 1 (the latest one) keeping the settings and sceneries (ORBX).
No change in the behaviour.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I should be grateful.
Volker
suaviter in modo fortiter in re
vtracy

Re: Flaps fully down, will not retract

Post by vtracy »

I found sonething:
Honeycomb Bravo TQ uses switch 15 for the flaps („toggle flaps“). Honeycomb Alpha Yoke uses for the „BATT“ switch no.s 15 and 16.!
That lead in my installation to the effect that switch 16 was interpreted as „FLAPS DOWN“ by P3D. As the switch position was „permanent“, the impulse is sent many times, hence the problem of the „hanging flaps“.
You can verity this fact by going to Windows Calibration, there looking at the switches that are lit: in my installation, switch 15 was permanently lit as long as the „BATT“ switch in the Yoke was at position „OFF“(down).
The problem as I see it, is the double assignment of the two switch positions 15 and 16 both in the TQ and in the Yoke.

I look forward to comments from other users.

Volker
suaviter in modo fortiter in re