Microsoft update constantly

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
villaloha

Microsoft update constantly

Post by villaloha »

Greetings.

I understand that my computer is now very old (aging) and I cannot afford to buy new computer until sometimes in 2022.

Is there any other way to stop Microsoft from updating? Because everytime when it is updated, it is interferring my sound when playing flight game.

With your help is much appreciated.

Villa
Martyson

Re: Microsoft update constantly

Post by Martyson »

villaloha wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:26 pm Greetings.

I understand that my computer is now very old (aging) and I cannot afford to buy new computer until sometimes in 2022.

Is there any other way to stop Microsoft from updating? Because everytime when it is updated, it is interferring my sound when playing flight game.

With your help is much appreciated.

Villa
@ villaloha ,
Villa

Schedule or Pause the updates.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The Windows updates happen once a month, on the second Tuesday morning (U.S.time).

Previews are released around the end of the preceding month.

So excuse me for saying that this is hardly constantly.

But - there is always a but - if updates do not succeed, then Update will offer the same update again, until it succeeds.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
villaloha

Post by villaloha »

Hello Jorgen. I should be of more clarification. Every time when Microsoft updated, I had to uninstall/remove it which is too time-consuming. I am asking anyone if there is any way I can to stop from Microsoft keep returing the update that I uninstalled?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Why did you have to remove something, and what was it that you had to remove?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
villaloha

Post by villaloha »

ANY Microsoft update for my Wins 10, if I did not remove, I will not be able to open my P3D. Or sometimes it finally opened but the sound is not right. For example I set to 100%, with Microsoft update, it will change back and forth between 35% to 100% during flying. So annoyed!!!!

I have to update first then uninstall all most recent updates just before I open P3D, it works and sounds works fine. I HATE Micrososft!!
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

There is definitely something wrong somewhere in your Windows, if that happens.

I cannot recall have heard anything at all about that before.

Jorgen

villaloha

Post by villaloha »

I was told that my computer system (motherboard, CPU, etc) is very old (2007) and said it is causing a lot of problems. Is that true?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Basically, if the computer can run Windows 10 at all, then the age does not matter, and it should be able to do Windows Updates just fine.

Since when has the Updates given you that problem?

Jorgen

villaloha

Post by villaloha »

Yes if I didn't remove the most recent updates of Microsoft, either P3D or Ultimate Traffic Live will not be able to open OR sound will change from lowest volume to max volume back and forth. If I uninstalled the recent update, everything will work fine.

My computer is 3.20 GHz, 2 TB video card (nVIDIA) and 32 GB memory ram. My hard drive is 6 TB. I don't understand why or what is causing problems?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Have you ever updated the drivers for the various devices on your motherboard? I am assuming that your graphics drivers are up to date?

Jorgen

villaloha

Post by villaloha »

Yes I always update my video card. I am not sure about how to update my motherboard?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

There are various programs out there that will update those drivers for you.

The one I use is called Driver Booster, availabke in freeware and payware versions. The freeware version should work OK for you.

Jorgen

villaloha

Post by villaloha »

How can I thank you enough Jorges!? Luckily that I have you because I was going to buy brand new computer (was told approximately $2500). Now that you said if it runs Wins 10 fine, it should work!

You know what I will do? I will try to update my motherboard, if the problem persists, I know a place who is an expert on Microsoft, I would be happy to pay for their work to locate the problems than buying a brand new PC tower!
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I should tell you that with a computer that old, you might want to start saving for a new one....

But hopefully we can make the old one work for the time being.

Jorgen