Anyone running good old VriSim MCPCombo and CDUIII successfully in P3Dv5?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
draci

Anyone running good old VriSim MCPCombo and CDUIII successfully in P3Dv5?

Post by draci »

I have finally found out what makes my P3dv5.2 crash on every(!) flight (quite frustrating: I have made some 200+ take-offs, but not a single landing in P3Dv5 so far): It is the VriSim Hardware, of which I own the MCP Combo and the CDUIII, for both of which I managed to get them to work in the PMDG 747-8i in P3Dv5. The MCPCombo runs with LINDA (the compatible P3Dv5-version) and the CDUIII (not supported by Linda) runs with the standard VriSim-Software which hasn't been updated for roughly ten years. I'm used to those pieces of hardware since good old FSX times and I have spent many hours to get them to work in P3dv5 (especially for the CDUIII), so I can't really imagine flying without them. So here's my question: Is anybody out there running those two pieces of hardware successfully in P3Dv5 without getting urctbase-crashes and can point me in the right direction? I have literally tried everything from updating drivers, reinstalling redstributables, P3D and PMDG747-8i, replacing USB-ports and their drivers and so on, but now I am at my wits end, unfortunately there's no more support from VriSim (do they still exist?). It seems I just don't want to accept what seems to be all too obvious: the VriSim hardware is simply not compatible with P3Dv5, full-stop.