VRI Sim Software, Process Lasso and FFTF Dynamic in P3dv5?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
draci

VRI Sim Software, Process Lasso and FFTF Dynamic in P3dv5?

Post by draci »

Hi to all,

I'm still getting mysterious random crashes (ucrtbase.dll) in P3dv5 on EVERY flight (not a single successful one out of 30+ attempts!!!) and every aircraft (only flying PMDG aircraft) with no add-ons running except latest Active sky, ASCA in EA. Just wiped all drivers with DDU and reinstalled. Suddenly much better frames but still the same urctbase.dll crash. I use two VriSim Hardware Items from good old FSX times (CDU II and Boeing Type MCP Combo) which both surprisingly work in P3dv5. Can anybody confirm that he/she has them running in P3dv5.2 without problems? I also use Process Lasso in Bitsum Highest Performance mode and sometimes restrict P3D from using core 0 which boosts my frames a little bit. Under 20000 feet I also use FFTF Dynamic in complex sceneries which is claimed to be P3dv5 compatible. Can anybody comment on the latter two add-ons? Does anybody use them successfully in P3dv5.2 or are they no longer needed?

Best regards
draci
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: VRI Sim Software, Process Lasso and FFTF Dynamic in P3dv5?

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi draci,

I recommend disabling these add-ons and verifying a clean installation is working as expected. This could be from an add-on as a lot are mentioned here.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead