DXGI_Error_Access_Denied

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
tgroth

DXGI_Error_Access_Denied

Post by tgroth »

Currently running P3Dv5.2 purchased on 6/29/2021. GPU is Zotac GTX 1080 with Driver 471.11 This error occurred as I was switching from F 35 to F 16. The computer is a dedicated flight sim rig from Jetline I have no other "gaming" or simulation applications installed. Prepar3D v5.2 Hotfix 1 client installed.
ValinHawK

Re: DXGI_Error_Access_Denied

Post by ValinHawK »

I'm having the same error. I'm running P3D v5.1 version, though -- so I need to update to V5.2 and the Hot Fix. GPU is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 with latest driver 30.0.14.7111.
ValinHawK

Post by ValinHawK »

Updated to v 5.2 Hot Fix 1 and latest Nvidia drivers and a multitude of graphics issues I was having have gone away. Thank you P3D team!
ValinHawK

Post by ValinHawK »

I'm getting the error again on launch and I haven't even changed any graphics settings since the last time they were working... Any ideas?

Thanks!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ ValinHawK ,

Did you do a full P3D 5.2HF1 install?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
ValinHawK

Post by ValinHawK »

A solution for me was found on the Avsim Forum from March where Ray Proudfoot discovered that the Riva Tuner Statistics Server (RTSS) which he (and I) use to get the frame rate of applications displayed in real time on our screens is the problem. One has to turn off the Display on Application Screen setting on the RTSS control panel. He also indicated that he shutdown MSI Afterburner but so far I haven't had to also do that.

I didn't test it but expect if I set all the applications in the RTSS folder to "Run As Administrator" it would also probably eliminate the problem.

Thank you to Ray Proudfoot, an Avsim Forum moderator, for his extensive efforts to solve this problem. I hope this helps others, too.

Here's a link to the Avsim Forum page with the posting:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5975 ... le/page/7/
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ ValinHawK ,

Had you mentioned you were using Riva Tuner Statistics Server (RTSS) in your setup I would have told you it has caused problems and to uninstall it.

When troubleshooting a problem the first step is to uninstall all Add-ons and other user software / freeware products to get P3D in a default state for additional testing.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

This DXGI error has also happened on more recent, top-of-the-line AMD cards. Since you don't have a nVidia graphics card, then you most likely have an AMD one, and you might want to look at AMD's support site for this issue.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
mpni

Post by mpni »

I find this but it seems it is for win32:
http://errorco.de/win32/winerror-h/dxgi ... x887a002b/