P3D v4 Scenario start window graphic corruption

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
B77X

P3D v4 Scenario start window graphic corruption

Post by B77X »

Hello P3D v4 and graphics card GTX970 Helping a friend fix an issue the last official Nvidia driver and the hotfix version installed the startup screen looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/b93l596.png

We downgraded to Nvidia 466.77 and P3D does not have the graphics corruption and loads fine.
B77X

Re: P3D v4 Scenario start window graphic corruption

Post by B77X »

He uses a German Windows 10 and latest Windows Updates. Is there an issue with the German language? Or an issue with an old graphics card and new driver? Please help!
JorgenSA

Re: P3D v4 Scenario start window graphic corruption

Post by JorgenSA »

This does indeed look odd, but I don't think the Windows language or indeed the degree to which Windows is updated has something to do with it.

My own graphics card is of the same generation (GTX 960), and I did not have any issues with P3D v. 4 up until and including v. 4.5 HF3, also with the most recent nVidia driver.

However, I can't test it at the moment, because about a week ago I had a severe Windows issue forcing a total re-install of Windows. In a couple of days I should be able to test again with v. 4.5 HF3.

In the mean time, what precise P3D v. 4 is this, and does your friend have any add-ons installed that might affect this?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.