cursor in vr P3D v5.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
robzol

cursor in vr P3D v5.2

Post by robzol »

How do you get the cursor to work in P3D v5.2 in vr, any help appreciated other wise looking good in vr just can't control the knobs or setup flight.
talleychan

Re: cursor in vr P3D v5.2

Post by talleychan »

That isn't unexpected at all. By default, XMBC forwards wheel messages to the window beneath the cursor, which I'm not shocked about.
I don't have Prepar3d (I only have X-Plane 11 and MS FS 2020 Alpha 4 - which I'm not authorized to discuss :lol:). I'll stop by, but it'll be different this time.
2 player games
However, you should be able to "fix" this by creating a profile for Prepare3D (the executable) and turning on the option "Disable scroll window under pointer" in that profile.
robzol

Post by robzol »

Sorry I wrote my problem wrong.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

The mouse cursor should show up as a sphere in VR as long as your mouse is over the main app window. The left eye view is used for mouse picking from the main application window and the location of the pick result in 3d space is used for placing the sphere in VR so that it can show up with proper stereo.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect