Best PC Build for P3Dv4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
EleanorGrace

Best PC Build for P3Dv4

Post by EleanorGrace »

I've seen many posts of people asking for PC Build help, but never something along these lines. I've pretty much gotten fed up with fighting with my pc and I'm about to just build a new one.

So, what is a PC Build that will push a minimum of 30fps with P3Dv4 (Settings Maxed or close to it), Payware planes (PMDG 737NGX, QW 787, TFDi 717), Payware airports (FSDT, FlightBeam, FlyTampa), and Utilities (GSX, ActiveSky, ChasePlane).

My i7-4790k and GTX 970 can just barely get to 30fps on normal/dense on the ground, but I'd gladly spend a little bit of money and get a solid 30fps on the ground at max settings. Is the 7700k and 1080ti just the hot ticket? I've seen that pair recommended in quite a few recent build threads.
JorgenSA

Re: Best PC Build for P3Dv4

Post by JorgenSA »

The one factor that will help you the most is a faster CPU. I have a 7700K overclocked to 4.66 GHz (15%), and with a GTX960 it achieves 30 FPS over even complex add-on scenery like New York City.

A better GPU will also help, but again, the fast CPU is the biggest factor in this. Note I said fast, meaning clock rate, the number of cores is not that important.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Armstrong

Re: Best PC Build for P3Dv4

Post by Armstrong »

I've seen many posts of people asking for PC Build help, but never something along these lines. I've pretty much gotten fed up with fighting with my pc and I'm about to just build a new one.

So, what is a PC Build that will push a minimum of 30fps with P3Dv4 (Settings Maxed or close to it), Payware planes (PMDG 737NGX, QW 787, TFDi 717), Payware airports (FSDT, FlightBeam, FlyTampa), and Utilities (GSX, ActiveSky, ChasePlane).

Kabosu token