This is for AMD users?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
VincentMicah

This is for AMD users?

Postby VincentMicah » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:53 am

Just wondering if i build the wrong set up , I just can't seem to get this thing to run right, tried all kinds of settings and various tweaks . My friend has a i9 9900 board with the high dollar RTX card and makes me looks sick , all setting cranked to the right and smooth as can be and this thing is a embarrassment . No matter what i do the airstrips is jaggies upon jaggies and when i taxi with payware airport like Kellowna or Vancouver its jerky . I'm fed up with it and at my wits end . Hopefully some one with a rig like i have can give me some tips with this thing, I've tried them all and wondering if AMD is not the way to. Thanks Louis calgary

Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X8-core processor 4.20 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 64.0 G
Card is a 1080Ti

Martyson

Re: This is for AMD users?

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:04 am

@ VincentMicah ,

Which P3D product and version xxxx ?
Is your PC a home built or store purchased with 64 GB memory?
What is your default flight?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:22 am

Louis,

Find out what clock rate your friend's Intel CPU is running at, and see if you maybe can overclock your own AMD CPU some.

Also, exactly which RTX card does he have?

Maybe he also has tweaked his Prepar3D.cfg file, have him print out a copy for you and see if some settings in there could help you.

Do you both run the same version of P3D? And which version(s)?

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

lodanap

Postby lodanap » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:05 am

I'm running P3D V5 on a Ryzen 3900XT and Radeon 7 with latest drivers and it runs quite nice.

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”