P3dv4.5 problems with Radeon adrenalin updates

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
kessler

P3dv4.5 problems with Radeon adrenalin updates

Post by kessler »

Hi all,

Since Updating to the latest Radeon adrenalin version - 20.7.1 ( and in fact all updates since 20.1.1 ), I have been having problems with P3d. The program loads to the scenario splash screen but the "change Vehicle" option is blacked out and flickering from black to grey with no aircraft visible. Selecting an aircraft anyway then causes P3d to crash.

This happens after I have added P3d to Radeon adrenalin. Setting any kind of graphics settings within adrenalin other than using the "standard" option causes this to happen. Using the "standard" setting allows me to use the game but of course the graphics settings are pretty much useless.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this trouble? Or perhaps offer some help? I did originally post in the AMD forum but got no response.

I have two powercolor RX580 red dragon gpu's, asus Z270 A prime board, intel i7 6700K cpu and Win 10 64 bit with latest updates installed. If I knew how to post a screenie then I would do so just to show you the scenario screen.

I am presently using the last stable adrenalin version which is 20.1.1 - I have to keep going back to this after each attempt with the next latest updates in order to be able to use the game with some decent graphics settings. I have tried deleting the cfg file but this makes no difference.

Hope someone can offer some help/advice,

Cheers,

Rory
JorgenSA

Re: P3dv4.5 problems with Radeon adrenalin updates

Post by JorgenSA »

What specific version of Windows 10 do you have? The problem should be gone, if you have Windows 10 v. 2004 and the latest AMD driver.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
kessler

Post by kessler »

Hiya Jorgen,

Many thanks for replying.

My windows version....build 19401 version 2004 - it was updated on the 19/6/20. My p3d version is 4.5.14.34698 which includes Hotfix 3.

Since that date I have tried Adrenalin versions 20.1.4, 20.2.2, 20.4.2, 20.5.1 and 20.7.1, and I have the same problems as mentioned in my original post. So for whatever reason window version 2004 hasn't changed anything for me.

Thanks,

Rory
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Hi Rory,

My mistake... I thought for some reason you had v. 5!

Let me think a bit about this one.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
kessler

Post by kessler »

Ok, no problem. I have a bit of an update. My sim setup consists of 5 monitors, 1 HDTV and 1 projector. I have used the same setup for a number of years and on 3 different pc's. My current setup works fine on version 20.1.1.

I again have just done a DDU driver uninstall and then installed adrenalin version 20.5.1. I run 3 identical monitors in eyefinity mode, and what I have just tried, which I don't normally do, is to run P3d on just the eyefinity setup and the program ran just fine with no problems.

The problems come back when I then connect up my other displays as well - the black/grey flickering scenario screen and then a crash if I select an aircraft. But as I said, this setup works flawlessly with version 20.1.1.

Thanks,

Rory