Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Switch/Multi-panel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
PMJ

Re: Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Panels and Flight Instruments are inop

Post by PMJ »

Not being good at dealing with computer software issues, I have no choice but to try Spad. I would like to know is this program intuitive, does it come with instructions on its use, can any one give me an abbreviated version on how to use it? Right now my Flight Sim is dead in the water; none of Logitech's hardware works except the throttle quad., yoke and rudder pedals.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

O.S.: Window 10 pro
Sim Platform: P3D v5.1

Thanks to all for your comments.
Pat
Martyson

Re: Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Panels and Flight Instruments are inop

Post by Martyson »

PMJ wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:03 pm Not being good at dealing with computer software issues, I have no choice but to try Spad. I would like to know is this program intuitive, does it come with instructions on its use, can any one give me an abbreviated version on how to use it? Right now my Flight Sim is dead in the water; none of Logitech's hardware works except the throttle quad., yoke and rudder pedals.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

O.S.: Window 10 pro
Sim Platform: P3D v5.1

Thanks to all for your comments.
Pat
@ PMJ ,

The Spad forum link:

https://www.spadnext.com/forum/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
xmitr

Re: Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Switch/Multi-panel

Post by xmitr »

jleboff said:
jleboff wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:08 pm We have found that disabling the Power Management in Win 10 eliminates startup issues with panels not functioning. You need to download and install following the plug out and in sequence for the USB's
I am having a similar problem with my CH Yoke and CH Propedals where they sometimes do not respond when I run P3D v5. No such problem with V3. I have to unplug and plug them back into the USB ports. Problem exists with my USB 2 and USB 3 ports. See my thread https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5&t=141005 in this sub forum.

Could you provide some detail on how to disable Power Management? My preferred plan is "AMD Ryzen Balanced". If I go Change power settings - Change advanced power settings - USB settings - I have USB selective suspend setting set to Disabled.

Regards
Don
Windows 10 Home
Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor
32 G DDR4-3200 Memory
Corsair M600 1TB M2 drive
RTX3070 video card
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ xmitr ,

Do you have a Proflight Switch Multi panel?
Best Regards,
xmitr

Post by xmitr »

No, only the Saitek Pedestal Controls and Saitek USB Trim Wheel which operate properly except for having to move the levers and wheel a little bit to get them to activate. I have CH Products Yoke and Propedals as mentioned.
Windows 10 Home
Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor
32 G DDR4-3200 Memory
Corsair M600 1TB M2 drive
RTX3070 video card
PMJ

Post by PMJ »

I recently contacted Logitech about Pro Flight Hardware being incompatible with P3D v5. Here is their reply: "I do apologize but currently the P3D V5 is not yet available on our end. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to email us back."
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

How long ago was that? Excuse my French, but they seem to be a little behind....

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Tegami

Post by Tegami »

Official drivers for Prepar3D v4 (and actualy it's not driver but add-on) from Logitech Panels work under Prepar3D v5 too.
Thy just not install, may be they have a bug in installator, I don't know...

But if you have already unpacked drivers installed for P3Dv4, you may just copy it by hand in P3Dv5 and all will be work.

If you don't have previsoly installed drivers, you must unpack installer manually and create add-on.xml.
Installer is just 7z self-unpacking archive and contain actual MSI installer which must be unpacked using 'msiexec.exe'.
After msi-installer will be unpacked, just copy files to where you want and create 'add-on.xml', which must start 'LogiPrepar3D.exe' on P3D start.

Checked with 'Prepar3Dv4_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe' from Logitech official site.
enterprisemjs

Post by enterprisemjs »

miseb79 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:19 pm Martyson, yep, but without response
I have the Logitech X52 Flight Control System i got it mainly as a replacement for the Joystick i already had. What i would like to know if you can help me that is, is how to use the MFD on the throttle to display the Navigation or Radio frequencies from Prepar3D
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

enterprisemjs wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm
miseb79 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:19 pm Martyson, yep, but without response
I have the Logitech X52 Flight Control System i got it mainly as a replacement for the Joystick i already had. What i would like to know if you can help me that is, is how to use the MFD on the throttle to display the Navigation or Radio frequencies from Prepar3D
@ enterprisemjs ,

I only use the default setup for the Saitek X52.

I have never looked into setting up Profiles.

Have you looked into the MFD programming manual?
Best Regards,
enterprisemjs

Post by enterprisemjs »

if you are referring to the Manual of the X52 It only shows the selected mode and any key commands programmed into it. it does not say anything on how to display the radio and NAV Frequencies on the MFD.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

enterprisemjs wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:59 pm if you are referring to the Manual of the X52 It only shows the selected mode and any key commands programmed into it. it does not say anything on how to display the radio and NAV Frequencies on the MFD.
@ enterprisemjs ,

Check Saitek manual page 19.

In your manual does it talk about "Using the MFD"?
Best Regards,
enterprisemjs

Post by enterprisemjs »

It pretty much says the same thing the Logitech Manual say almost word for word. what i did find is SST software which i think i have the logitech equivalent to it. the only thing the MFD does is tell you is what the keys are programmed to do. it does not tell me how to use the MFD to display the Radio & NAV freduencies on the MFD. do you have any idea on where to get the Saitek SST Programming Software. Every link i have found to it nothing happens. they do not seem to work. Any Other Suggestionsi Might Try
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

enterprisemjs wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:27 pm It pretty much says the same thing the Logitech Manual say almost word for word. what i did find is SST software which i think i have the logitech equivalent to it. the only thing the MFD does is tell you is what the keys are programmed to do. it does not tell me how to use the MFD to display the Radio & NAV freduencies on the MFD. do you have any idea on where to get the Saitek SST Programming Software. Every link i have found to it nothing happens. they do not seem to work. Any Other Suggestionsi Might Try
@ enterprisemjs ,

In the section just after "Using the MFD" do you see information about doing Profiles?
Best Regards,