Decent WMR Experience while waiting for Improvements

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
whitav8

Decent WMR Experience while waiting for Improvements

Postby whitav8 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:30 pm

It has been a difficult month after Version 5 release for some of us who enjoy VR. I have been seeing a lot of "device hung" and other graphics errors plus a lot of stuttering when looking sideways due to very inconsistent frametimes. I have tried a lot of combinations (along with frame limiting via Riva Tuner ) and have downloaded some upgrades and just wanted to pass along my temporary solution for having a successful flight in VR with my HP Reverb.

I upgraded Windows 10 to May Edition 2004 and am using the Game Ready Nvidia driver 450.99 (and also 446.14) - that eliminated quite of few of the graphics errors (not all ). Then I decided to try using the 60Hz option with the WMR HP Reverb so that with reprojection=motionvector, it would sync to 30Hz and provide a smoother, less "stuttery" result.

Maybe these changes are something that you already have tried but it is my stopgap until another hotfix or version improves the situation.
P3Dv5, P3Dv4.4 9700K@5Ghz, 32gbRam, RTX2070,HP Reverb HMD

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”