[RESOLVED] Required Nvidia Modules?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
gulfstreamtwo

[RESOLVED] Required Nvidia Modules?

Postby gulfstreamtwo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:58 pm

I see on the v5 splash screen the logo for Nvidia Gameworks. Seeing the tie-in with Nvidia makes me curious about which driver modules are needed/helpful. Since I only do P3D and DCS plus a certain program in alpha testing, I've always chosen not to install all the other modules at video driver update time, such as PhysX. Is installing only the Nvidia graphics driver plus the HD audio (so I can get audio over my HDMI monitor) the best bet or is one or more of the other modules a benefit now?

JorgenSA

Re: Required Nvidia Modules?

Postby JorgenSA » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 pm

You know, I have always just installed the standard nVidia drivers with GEForce Experience, and I have never seen any issues - in P3D or in FSX.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 graphics w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Postby Beau Hollis » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:56 am

No additional modules required. Waveworks doesn't require any Nvidia specific modules. It's all standard Dx12 code and shaders. It also runs fine on AMD cards.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect

gulfstreamtwo

Postby gulfstreamtwo » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:17 am

Thanks for the prompt reply, Beau. Please consider this closed.

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”