G1000 Radio Selection.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
nabpp

G1000 Radio Selection.

Postby nabpp » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:06 am

Hello p3d forums,

First time posting here so I am sorry if this post is in the wrong spot. I am trying to configure a homecockpit using the G1000 that comes stock in p3d. I have figured out many of the simconnect event ID's but I cannot seem to find a way to toggle between radios. In the LM G1000 you need to click below the tuner knob to switch between the radio you wish to tune. I'd like to know if a way exists via key commands or simconnect to switch between the radios.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Martyson

Re: G1000 Radio Selection.

Postby Martyson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:57 am

Hello p3d forums,

First time posting here so I am sorry if this post is in the wrong spot. I am trying to configure a homecockpit using the G1000 that comes stock in p3d. I have figured out many of the simconnect event ID's but I cannot seem to find a way to toggle between radios. In the LM G1000 you need to click below the tuner knob to switch between the radio you wish to tune. I'd like to know if a way exists via key commands or simconnect to switch between the radios.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Keyboard key combos for PFD and MFD:
COM 1 select
C + 1

COM 2 select
C + 2

Change freq
+ or -
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

nabpp

Postby nabpp » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Hey thanks for the help. I was able to get the tuning to work with the prescribed method but not the switching of the radios. Do you by chance know any simconnect solutions?

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Hey thanks for the help. I was able to get the tuning to work with the prescribed method but not the switching of the radios. Do you by chance know any simconnect solutions?
"but not the switching of the radios"

What did you do and how did you verify it did not work?
Maybe do a short video?

Are you using Hardware panels and encoders or what ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

nabpp

Postby nabpp » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:37 am

I was able to do everything you listed via a Keyboard. I have a G1000 with a dual rotary encoder with a push button. in the real G1000 when you press the encoder push button it moves that cyan box so you can tune the highlighted freq. That is what I am trying to accomplish.

Best,

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 am

I was able to do everything you listed via a Keyboard. I have a G1000 with a dual rotary encoder with a push button. in the real G1000 when you press the encoder push button it moves that cyan box so you can tune the highlighted freq. That is what I am trying to accomplish.

Best,
Are you using P3D Academic to set up your Sim Pit?
P3D4.5 with Hot Fix 2?

You mentioned:
" I have a G1000 with a dual rotary encoder with a push button"
What product is this?
Is it designed for P3D?
Does it come with software?

Initially you mentioned you were using the default P3D G1000?

Note:
Glad to hear that P3D radio selection and freq change using default keyboard keys assignments is working.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”