VR Rift CV1 visual distortions P3D 4.5 hotfix

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
glider1001

VR Rift CV1 visual distortions P3D 4.5 hotfix

Post by glider1001 »

Is anyone on Rift CV1 or on any other VR headset getting visual distortions on the leading edge of their aircraft wing as it is taxing? There is a semi transparent saw-tooth indent along the leading edge of the wing that flickers as the plane is rolling on the ground. As soon as the aircraft is airborne the effect vanishes. Happens across all models and more noticeable on grass ground textures.

Never saw it before only on 4.5 hotfix.

Thanks for any feedback.
Harry

i7-7700k GTX 2080TI W10 Oculus drivers
Rlbomber

Re: VR Rift CV1 visual distortions P3D 4.5 hotfix

Post by Rlbomber »

Yes, I am seeing the same thing using the Oculus Rift. It is only on the left side while looking the window taxing. By the time I reached the runway, it had cleared up.

However, I do see that the hotfix actually made the VR experience worse and would prefer to jump back to 4.5 prior to the hotfix. It seems that they clear up one issue and implement another.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

You could try using the dlls provided for the initial quick fix.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=133181

The Hotfix updated Oculus to the latest version of the Oculus SDK. You could try playing around with your Oculus settings to see if your conditions improve.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Rlbomber

Post by Rlbomber »

If the distortion was throughout the entire picture, I could see checking the adjustments but it's on when looking out of the left side window where you see this.
glider1001

Post by glider1001 »

Rlbomber wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 pm If the distortion was throughout the entire picture, I could see checking the adjustments but it's on when looking out of the left side window where you see this.
Agree. Left wing only. Not sure how that could be an oculus software issue. ASW is off.