[RESOLVED] Nvidia G sync, DELL screen monitor in P3D V4.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
monir geadah

[RESOLVED] Nvidia G sync, DELL screen monitor in P3D V4.4

Post by monir geadah »

Can P3D V4.4 use and benefit when using a Gsynk, 27 inch Dell Monitor S 2716 DG ?

IF ANYONE IS USING successfully A Gsynk monitor in P3D V4.4. Could you please help with your findings.

P3D V4.4 have an entry for Vsynk choice but none for Gsynk choice. Nvidia panel have a choice for activating either one or both of them ???

Input from LM or members would be greatly appreciated.

Monir
alanmetcalf

Re: Nvidia G sync, DELL screen monitor in P3D V4.4

Post by alanmetcalf »

Hello Monir

I have a 27inch g sync 144hz monitor and it works very well in P3d v4.4.

The best practice settings are v-sync on in nvidea control panel and off in the p3d settings.

For me, unlimited frames give a completely smooth and clear running sim.
Regards
Alan Metcalf
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thank You Alan for your input.

I tried your recommended settings but still get some stuttering and haziness. It may be due to the fact that I am still with my old computer including the old Nvidia Gforce 660 GTX, 2GB only.
however the monitor refresh rate supposed to be up to 144hz but the maximum it allows me to set it to is only to 1000hz maximum ??why .

Another problem I am faced with is that I was unable to connect the monitor to my computer using the DP cable provided. Instead I am using the HDMI cable to connect it to my computer.

there is no included booklet about the best way of using the monitor.

Will a new top speck computer is the answer ? £2500 , ALIENWARE AURORA R7 Intel R Core TM I7 GTX 1080 TI Gaming PC_ 2 TB HDD & 512 GB SSD. ???The only reservation I have about it, apart from the price, is that some reviewers found the cooling fan to be noisy. If any member here is using one , you comment would be greatly appreciated.

Could you possibly mention the make of your Monitor and the speck of your computer system, Alan.

Regards, thanks and best wishes.

Monir
alanmetcalf

Post by alanmetcalf »

You have posted in the wrong section, I am sure people will not mind.

G sync wont work with hdmi cable it has to be DP cable. (it's to do with bandwidth)

May I suggest you do a little research on pc builds before you spend unnecessary amounts of your money.
Regards
Alan Metcalf
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thanks for the advices, Alan.

Sorry LM for posting in the wrong place.

Monir.