dxgi error device removed...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
sho69607

Re: dxgi error device removed...

Post by sho69607 »

yeah I am on update 2004. I am running a lot of different addons, but all are listed as compatible with v5. The most recent error was when I was running the FSlabs A320, FSDT KJFK, FS2crew, and Active Sky. The error seems to happen a lot in the settings menu or if I switch out of fullscreen. Also from what I can tell it doesn't seem to be addon specific because this has come up under several different scenerios. I have been cycling through different Nvidia drivers and haven't found a stable one yet.
nbworld

Post by nbworld »

Hi,

Did you try with 383.33 or 397.64 ?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Only the more recent device drivers work OK with DX12, and as far as I can tell for one that works best with DX12 you'll need to use the most recent one.

At the time of writing this is v. 451.67.

The DXGI error device removed is a DX12 issue, and to fix that you need P3D v. 5 HF2, Windows 10 v. 2004, plus the latest graphics card device driver for your card, no matter whether you have an AMD or a nVidia card.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
spacer

Post by spacer »

I had this problem

This device (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 ) stopped working for the following reason : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.
Do you want to exit Prepar3D ? Click Yes to exit, No to disable rendering to this device, or Cancel to keep using this device
(Prepar3D may crash)

do you have any solve
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

1. Run the latest P3D version (you don't mention which one you have), and

2. Update your nVidia device driver to the latest available.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
wanthuyr

Post by wanthuyr »

I apparently solved this issue in my rig by not running the video card's software. I used to run both EVGA and MSI ones, the so called best ones.
Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You should only - I repeat ONLY - run the software provided by the card's manufacturer or OEM, and only one instance of such software.

Running software from both EVGA and MSI is inviting problems.

Jorgen

wanthuyr

Post by wanthuyr »

As for me, I've never run more than one software at a time, since it doesn't make sense.
But yes, as much as it might sound awkward, many people prefer to run other brand's software since it's considered to be more complete and stable, with great success.
As to my experience, I'd been running these software for years without a single issue until one day something changed, possibly a NVIDIA driver, and the errors started to happen.
Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho
spacer

Post by spacer »

Actually When i installed milviz ka350i and when i select milviz in prepae3d v4 then i take this error