Moving the seat forward with Oculus Rift

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
jef32

Moving the seat forward with Oculus Rift

Post by jef32 »

Hi from France

I would like to know how move my seat forward in VR mode ?

Some planes have their default eyepoint too far and even if I lean back the more i can in my (real) seat and press the center view button, it's not enough to have a good view of the panel. The commands "eyepoint forward/backward" do not work in VR mode.

Just perhaps have I to modify the panel.cfg of these planes but I don't know how ?

Thanks !
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1
rampa60

Re: Moving the seat forward with Oculus Rift

Post by rampa60 »

You have to push on "recalibrate origin", if necessary with your head wearing the headset farther from the monitor, in this way you will have the panel closer and readable. Also I find that on the PMDG dc6 the panel is too high, then I recalibrate with my head lower. This works for all my fleet.
toutenglisse73

Post by toutenglisse73 »

Hi jef32 (Jean-François!?)
I don't understand why it doesn't work for you ? I use Oculus and I mapped the Eyepoint commands (forward/backward/up/down) to a China hat of my Hotas and it works fine in VR to adjust Eyepoint in different airframes.
I use P3D 4.1 and native VR.
jef32

Post by jef32 »

As i said previoulsly, rampa60, it's only on some planes ( C172 Alabeo ) and i use the recalibrate origin but it's not enough. If i really want to be at a good distance i must step back my seat, recalibrate and step formard my seat.

Toutenglisse, je vais essayer avec le coolie hat. Je te tiens au jus.

Oui, au fait,c'est bien Jean-François.
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

Same here. I have mapped one of my hat switches to the eyepoint commands as well. I also use native VR. As a matter of fact, it work in both native VR and Flyinside VR.

You might check that you don't have duplicate actions mapped to the buttons you are using.

Good Luck,,,,Danny
jef32

Post by jef32 »

It doesn't work with the coolie hat.

I use a X-52 Saitek and if i want to use the coolie hat, it just write "coolie hat " in the mapper menu if I want to use it for eyepoint move forward.

After, if i try to map the move backward and if i choose an other direction of the coolie hat, that says that "Coolie hat is already affected to eyepoint move forward.

But if I keep the affectation "coolie hat" for moving forward, i can see the move in the normal view but nothing happens in VR view.

The coolie hat works properly in my windows parameters with all directions
jef32

Post by jef32 »

I've done some try. If I use an other joystick already plugged on my computer, that works. But....but...only for one eye or if toggle stereo mode on OFF and I don't want to use my Oculus on stereo mode Off.
jef32

Post by jef32 »

I've found the good command in aircraft.cfg to adjuts the eyepoint. So I don't need to move the seat anymore
traxap

Post by traxap »

Hello Jef32,

I am having the same issue using Oculus. You mentioned a way to make changes to the aircraft.cfg file, specific to each airplane, I assume. I found the file and made the changes, however, I cannot save it once edited? I believe admin protocols. Do you mind sharing the values you used, and any steps?

Thank you.
jef32

Post by jef32 »

Hi

In fact, it depends of each plane but I havn't any problem to save them. Just 1 planes
( or exactly 2 versions of the same plane ) was concerned but as it was the plane I pilot in the real world and i'm surprised that you can't save your cfg. Have you tried to untick the "read only" attribute ?