multi-GPU / CrossFire / SLI support in P3D v3.4?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
darkeye

multi-GPU / CrossFire / SLI support in P3D v3.4?

Postby darkeye » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:21 am

Hi,

I wonder what the state of multi-GPU / AMD CrossFire / nVidia SLI support is in Prepar3d v3.4? Last time I checked with v3.2, multiple GPUs in the same system were not supported by Prepar3d - only the primary GPU was used even in CrossFire / SLI setups. This was mainly due to the fact that CrossFire / SLI is only supported for fullscreen applications, and Prepar3d when run 'full screen' is actually still a windowed application with a borderless window the size of the screen, and not a fullscreen application.

Is there a chance that this has changed and now multiple GPUs work?

Akos

Mr Nice

Re: multi-GPU / CrossFire / SLI support in P3D v3.4?

Postby Mr Nice » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Yes SLi is supported as Nvidia did the profile for that a while ago.... Crossfire isn't as they don't support faux Windowed mode.

There are many discussions here regarding SLi performance so I would research those threads for more information.

darkeye

Re: multi-GPU / CrossFire / SLI support in P3D v3.4?

Postby darkeye » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:44 pm

tnx for the insight

what I also tried and didn't help is that I've plugged in each output into a different card (not set up as CrossFire, but as parallel cards), and put each P3D window on each output - but the result wasn't faster either. is there a way to make such a setup work?

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”