ram problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
HomieOC

ram problem

Post by HomieOC »

hi..

i noticed in task manager after p3d reaches 2.7 gb of ram usage it will crash... i thought the limit was 4 gb? How can i up it to 4 gb?
HomieOC

Re: ram problem

Post by HomieOC »

?
OldAirMail

Post by OldAirMail »

HomieOC wrote:?
After looking over your system specs VERY carefully, all I can say is "What are you talking about?"

We have no info to go on so I'll take a wild ass guess or two.

You probably have 4GB of ram? Crashing at 2.7GB sounds about right then.

You think that once your system boots up it leaves that 4GB of ram open for programs to use?

You may have more ram, but we have no way of knowing that, you've given us no information, remember?

What are you flying? Where are you flying" What scenery? How long is the flight?

Whatever the amount of ram you do have, it probably doesn't matter - LM has done very well working with what it has so far, but Prepar3d is essentially a 32bit program - IT CAN NOT USE A FULL 4GB OF RAM!
einherz

Post by einherz »

hi, you have to look vas, not ram use, virtual size is all memory what use software, so 3.8 vas = about crash, and ram(what you can see in popup of process hacker try icon forexample is not same) and 3.8 vas will around 2.7 "ram", so you see physical memory, but for system is say about nothing