Saitek Trim Wheel causing need for Hard PC reset

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Hippo

Re: Saitek Trim Wheel causing need for Hard PC reset

Postby Hippo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:17 am

simpeter wrote:It seems to have picked up the Saitek driver 19/4/2011 - 7.0.9.15 I may have left it in my system from a previous install
Pete

This is the driver that I uninstalled (making sure I ticked the box to remove it) to make the problem go away for me. I think I also had to roll back at some point because it came back.

hilpold

Postby hilpold » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:56 pm

I've experienced the same symptoms (mouse and need for hard reset).
It looks like it's solved now.
Before:
Win 10, P3dv3 Pro, no addons
Action:
1 Device Manager, Saitek trim wheel connected.
2 Device Manager lists wheel as Saitek Pro Flight Cessna trim wheel device (Driver 7.0.9.15) (2009)
3 Saitek wheel device uninstall driver (+delete files)
(however, after a disconnect and reconnect I believe the driver came back; maybe from windows online)
4 disconnect and reconnect
5 If Saitek driver shows again, Device manager rollback driver ->generic microsoft driver afterwards
6 Verify that Device manager does not show any Saitek USB devices as Saitek Wheel (et.c.)
(The will be listed as generic USB Input and HID Compliant ...)
6.5 Disconnect and reconnect
7 Verify under Devices & Printers (not device manager) that it still shows as "Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel".
"Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel" properties / Hardware shows 2 devices:
Hid Compliant Game Controller & USB Input device
Manufacturer for both devices: Standard System Device
7.5. This may be optional: In device manager, I disabled "Windows can turn off power" for all USB Input devices -
I don't think it made any difference to the issue and probably will revert that in the future.
8 Start P3D, wheel should be selectable in Controller dialog
After:
The wheel seemed fairly stable in P3D after that.

(Still having stability issues with thrust dropping out on take off with Saitek throttle quadrant though)
Thomas Hilpold

Win 10, P3dV3 Pro, Aerosoft Airbus 320/321 1.31, FTX Global 1.40/Vector 1.30/openLCEurope 1.20
Ch Pedals, Saitek Pro wheel, throttle quadrant, Multi panel, Radio panel
I7 4GHZ, 16GB, GTX980, SSD, single screen 50 inch 4k

hilpold

Postby hilpold » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:40 am

(Still having stability issues with thrust dropping out on take off with Saitek throttle quadrant though)
Correction: It worked great - just had a second input mapped to the throttle axes)
Thomas Hilpold

Win 10, P3dV3 Pro, Aerosoft Airbus 320/321 1.31, FTX Global 1.40/Vector 1.30/openLCEurope 1.20

hilpold

Postby hilpold » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:17 am

Drivers came back, even after I did what's described in my last two posts.

Now trying to:
1. For "Saitek trim wheel & throttle quadrant" devices that show up in device manager -> Disable
2. Rollback driver
3. Check if stil avail under "Devices and Printers"

I did this for all Saitek devices (wheel & throttle quadrant) so far a scan for hardware changes does not bring the drivers back.
Thomas Hilpold

Jassist

Postby Jassist » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:33 pm

I solved the problem in W10 whit the new beta drivers:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10

Hippo

Postby Hippo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Jassist wrote:I solved the problem in W10 whit the new beta drivers:

Thank you so much for posting this. I started getting the problem again, and found that that pesky 7.0.9.15 had installed itself again. I've tried the beta you suggested, and so far so good...

StewCAl

Postby StewCAl » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:28 am

I have been having this same problem more and more frequently. I do not have the Saitek trim wheel I do use the combat rudder pedals (I did download the beta driver for the pedals mentioned above to no avail). This I think is a Prepar3d 3.0 issue. I believe LM said that the way the sim interacts with controllers was rewritten. I hope they realize that something is up and try to fix it in 3.1.

Steve Giblin

StewCAl

Postby StewCAl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:33 am

Just noticed 3.1 is out. Fingers crossed...

simpeter

Postby simpeter » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Until recently I had major issues with the saitek trim wheel locking up win10

with the beta win 10 drivers it's all good No need to unplug/plug in or check calibration within windows devices

i can calibrate all my saitek controls perfectly in v3.1 and use it with no problems at all

Thank you LM guys Merry xmas to you all

Pete

maxam

Postby maxam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:34 am

I had the same issue when I upgraded to Win 10, mouse beeping, causing the PC to freeze up so I downgraded back to Win 7. I recently built a new PC and started having the same issues again until I downloaded the appropriate Saitek software and drivers from Saitek.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Make sure to install the software and drivers with your controllers unplugged, you will see a message to plug each controller in as you install their drivers.

Robert
\Robert Halmich/
Intel Core i9 9900KF - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus MB - Corsair 32GB DDR4 RAM

maxam

Postby maxam » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:41 am

I have the same issue once again after upgrading to P3D v3.1.
\Robert Halmich/
Intel Core i9 9900KF - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus MB - Corsair 32GB DDR4 RAM

maxam

Postby maxam » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:44 am

I submitted a ticket to MADKATZ (Saitek) support. I received an email with login credentials to follow my help ticket but I cannot login because the login button is dead. It seems like they like to make it difficult for customers to get help. The website is a real mess.
\Robert Halmich/

Hippo

Postby Hippo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:38 pm

maxam wrote:I had the same issue when I upgraded to Win 10, mouse beeping, causing the PC to freeze up so I downgraded back to Win 7. I recently built a new PC and started having the same issues again until I downloaded the appropriate Saitek software and drivers from Saitek.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Make sure to install the software and drivers with your controllers unplugged, you will see a message to plug each controller in as you install their drivers.

Robert

Hi Maxam,

Did you try the BETA drivers mentioned a few posts up? I doubt that this issue has anything to do with P3D.

maxam

Postby maxam » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:31 pm

I'm back to using Win 7 x64 after the PC with Win10 packed it in. Thanks for the link.
\Robert Halmich/

sherab70

Postby sherab70 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm new to the forums but not new to flight simulation. I am experiencing the very same problem, i.e. mouse freeze, having to hard reset the PC.

However, I do not have the Saitek Trim Wheel. I have the Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio, and Quadrant all connected to a powered USB hub.

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this yet?

Antonio

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”