Cannot calibrate controllers

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
aeronauta

Cannot calibrate controllers

Postby aeronauta » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:26 am

P3D V3 Windows 10, going menu>options>settings>controls I can map switches and axis , but when I click Calibration the window changes but does not open the devices and printers game controller settings to calibrate the device.
Can you please verify this.
Jorge.
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: Cannot calibrate controllers

Postby Adam Breed » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:53 am

Hi aeronauta,

For what controller?

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

aeronauta

Postby aeronauta » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:33 am

any controller, I have saitek and leobodner all work OK but cannot go to calibrate...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

aeronauta

Postby aeronauta » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:43 am

WOW WOW!! Adam, I thought it could be a win10 problem, went to P3D V2.5 and opened controls and the Calibration Tab has a Click point that says Calibrate ...V3 does not...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan

SENPM

Postby SENPM » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:22 pm

I also have this problem, my joystick is calibrated fine in windows, but in P3DV3 it is not centered and only turns one way. Where is the calibration data coming from in the sim, and how can we fix it?

DerekSpeare

Postby DerekSpeare » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:05 am

I have a similar problem with my rudder axis. It yaws to the right and I can't get rid of it no matter what joystick axis I use for it. Happens for all of the planes. This issue does NOT happen in v2.5.

yansolo74

Postby yansolo74 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:03 pm

DerekSpeare wrote:I have a similar problem with my rudder axis. It yaws to the right and I can't get rid of it no matter what joystick axis I use for it. Happens for all of the planes. This issue does NOT happen in v2.5.

I have the same problem with my rudder.

percy

Postby percy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:42 pm

yes I have same problem for my rudders and throttles. the property choice in the calibrate window is missing in V3.
percy

oglitsch

Postby oglitsch » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Similar problem here: I am unable to trim the aircraft. The trim wheel moves but without effect. Rudder movements are sometimes extremely slow and only after reloading an aircraft they return to normal. This happens repeatedly.

percy

Postby percy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:37 am

Jorge

Yes i have the same problem...no complete calibrate ,LM left out the properties, test and calibrate option in calibrate option. Same in both W10 and 7. Using controls with pots that need to be cail in P3D before going to FSUIBC in order to get full +16k to -16K range....I am able to cail in FSUIBC but do not have full resolution without this function....hope it is added in lated update...
percy.

colang

Postby colang » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:05 am

Same here,
needing calibration from inside P3D.
Sometime I calibrate from control panel but, after starting SPAD, meteo and other collateral programs, something interfere with the calibration and have to do again it into Prepar3d, otherwise the yoke is heavy unbalanced to the right.
Please, is it possible to have back that button?

Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Postby Clifton Crane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Hello,

We have been working on a new calibration system from with Prepar3D that should resolve any current issues you have with axes not providing the full range of values as well as issues when axes are centered causing aircraft to veer. This feature will be available with the next release and will be located under the Calibration tab in Settings->Controls as it used to be.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.

Gent

Postby Gent » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello Clifton

Are we talking days, weeks or months for the next release?

Thanks
Terry

Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Postby Clifton Crane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Unfortunately, I do not have any information on the next release date.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.

colang

Postby colang » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks for the info.
To know an issue has been taken in charge and will be solved is anyway a good new!!
And thanks also for reactive support, one of the strenght of this project.

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”