Rudder axis 'Digital'.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Gatenorth413

Rudder axis 'Digital'.

Post by Gatenorth413 »

Hi, running v5 with an FR Tec Raptor Mach 2 stick. The rudder output (on screen/ effect on a/c) is not a linear reflection of the input, ie, irrespective of the sensitvity setting, the rudder starts to move when the stick is twisted ~8 degrees, reaches full scale deflection with the stick twisted to ~15 degrees, and there is at least another 5 degrees of movement without any effect. I am trying to achieve a setting which can be copied to 20 machines used to teach 12- 20 year olds the fundamentals of flying, and the reaction of the rudder is not helpful to young people with limited time to get used to the setup.

I have calibrated the stick in windows.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
navymustang

Re: Rudder axis 'Digital'.

Post by navymustang »

You need to isolate the problem. Does this happen if you switch machines? Are you running something like FSUIPC and that my be interfering?
Does this happen with more than one joystick? In the controls section of P3D, is the axis for rudder assigned correctly?

Then you could determine if it is a P3D issue or a joystick issue.
Gatenorth413

Re: Rudder axis 'Digital'.

Post by Gatenorth413 »

Thanks navymustang. The issue is with all 10 sticks on all 10 pc's. I have tried my TM HOTAS in the pc I have at home, and the problem is less, but still exists. With the HOTAS, I get around 80% twist to full scale rudder, which is better. The pc's don't have FSUIPC installed, and the rudder axis is correct. Interestingly, and not really noticed before, when performing the windows calibration, both sticks behave in the same manner as evident in the sim, does this suggest windows is the problem, or the sticks?