New CPU and Motherboard

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
flyerinoz

New CPU and Motherboard

Post by flyerinoz »

Hello
I am about to upgrade my computer with a new motherboard and CPU but keeping the SSD drive information. The computer consultants are going to image the existing SSD onto a new SSD.

What do I need to do regarding the licence for P3dv4.5. I have read that the client should be uninstalled and the licence deactivated before the upgrade and then after the upgrade of components reactivate the licence.

Others say that there is not need to deactivate the licence but just uninstall the client and then reinstall when the upgrade is done and enter existing licence information when asked.

I should appreciate any advice as I am slightly confused.

Kind regards
JorgenSA

Re: New CPU and Motherboard

Post by JorgenSA »

What you should do is:

1. Make sure you have a complete download and unpacked copy of v. 4.5 stored somewhere safe first. Also make sure you have your license information ready.

2. Before you change your hardware, through the Windows Control Panel uninstall the client only. This will also carry a deactivation of P3D

3. Now do the hardware changes as desired, after the changes verify correct operation of Windows etc.

4. Go into your folder of P3D v. 4.5 and run the Install_Client.msi

5. Run P3D - you will then be asked for your license information, and you should be good to go.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
flyerinoz

Re: New CPU and Motherboard

Post by flyerinoz »

HI Jorgen
Thank you very much for your prompt reply I will follow your very precise instructions. Much appreciated

Kind regards