G2 Reverb stopped working

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
stanearnhardt

G2 Reverb stopped working

Post by stanearnhardt »

I’m getting the following message: your virtual reality device reported the following error: VRCompositorError_TextureUsesUnsupportedFormat Prepar3D will now exit virtual reality.

This message then leads to a computer freeze that requires task manager to shut down and exit.

This problem just began this week. I have spent hours trying to find the “bug”, but it seems a bit random.... sometimes I can get VR started..but most times not. Occasionally the message will pop up during a VR flight and cause a freeze.

Please help....
Maxcat506

Re: G2 Reverb stopped working

Post by Maxcat506 »

I'm getting the same message with my G2 Reverb with WMR and Steam VR after new install of Prepar3D v5.2.
VR worked in v5.1 but the VRAM over-allocation problem lead me to uninstall and switch to MSFS 2020.
Darn.
Willie Nelson

Post by Willie Nelson »

I'm getting this too and I'm still using Version 5.1. It happens as soon as I switch to SteamVR and then it is followed by the SteamVR critical error message.

I have only just installed P3D Version 5.1 havnig upgraded a couple of days ago from 4.5 but I am at a loss.
stanearnhardt

Post by stanearnhardt »

I’m still on 5.1 and never had this problem until about 2 weeks ago. I’ve been working on a clean install, checking after each add on. After installing pmdg 737ngxu I got the “DGXI HUNG error and when I restarted, this error returned. I then uninstalled pmdg and deleted the file folders , but error persists...even when just loading the stock airport and plane.
stanearnhardt

Post by stanearnhardt »

UPDATE: after reading the thread on DGXI HUNG errors, I tried lowering my FPS to 30 and so far I it seems to have worked. I reloaded pmdg and flew a short flight with no crashes.
Willie Nelson

Post by Willie Nelson »

stanearnhardt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:50 pm UPDATE: after reading the thread on DGXI HUNG errors, I tried lowering my FPS to 30 and so far I it seems to have worked. I reloaded pmdg and flew a short flight with no crashes.
Is there some way I can avoid a CTD without limiting things to 30FPS?
stanearnhardt

Post by stanearnhardt »

First flight today CTD...so 30 FPS not the solution. The only software I’ve updated since this all started is Pro ATC X and steam and windows.

I’m going to scrub off The ATC program and if problem persists it seems it has to be a steam vr problem., or a windows issue.

I suppose I will set up my new Vive Pro 2 and if that doesn’t solve this problem I’ll be leaving P3d for good. MSFS is not ready for serious simmers, so I guess I’ll be getting a lot of stick time in my F16 and DCS.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Have you tried updating to v5.2? There were a number of improvements and fixes for VR as well as improved VRAM management. We've received positive feedback from a couple of Reverb customers, and we've done in house testing with Reverb G2 as well.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
stanearnhardt

Post by stanearnhardt »

Thank you for your suggestion Beau. After my last post I discovered that my windows install was broken and hadn’t updated since April. After a very frustrating weekend, I was finally able to get my windows updated. At that point, I decided to go with a clean install of the vive pro 2. BOY WAS I DISAPPOINTED….the vive pro 2 is very inferior to the reverb g2. I will update to 5.2 and give the reverb another try. Thanks for your help.